Intel P3500 2TB NVME $290 BO

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
excellent deal, i just never ever have 10% eBay buck promo :/

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
no money or extra pcie slots in my server to run the nvme card needed to hook up the drive :( Well maybe not true for my intel p4000 system if i remove the legacy sata/sas raid cards plus drives cage and retro fit a u2 cage and card. Only thing would be i dont know if the intel MB would down rate the pcie slot to gen2 rates. Either way still have the first issue no money to play with haha. I need to sell some stuff.

gisshan

Feb 26, 2018
Any suggestions for how to connect one of these to a computer? I didn't realize there was a 2.5" nvme u.2 form factor.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Any suggestions for how to connect one of these to a computer? I didn't realize there was a 2.5" nvme u.2 form factor.
Funtin PCIE -> 2.5" adapter is easiest :)

You can also convert them from m.2 with motehrboard adapter+cable.

gisshan

Feb 26, 2018
Accepted offer of $265 each for two.

Thanks for the Intel adapter link. I was looking at that earlier wondering if it would work.

oddball

May 18, 2018
On Cisco servers there is a $100 daughterboard you can purchase that will allow you to use the first two drive slots with U.2 drives. The board bypasses the controller and uses a few PCI lanes directly.

The problem is this board seems to be impossible to find. I've contacted a number of VAR's and resellers and everyone says "we've never ordered one, maybe you could find someone direct at Cisco to order it for you..." Of course that never works!

I've been buying all in one PCI cards. But the cost on these U.2 drives has dropped so much it might be worth hunting down that board.