Intel Optane 900P 280GB 2.5" SSD $359.99 - Newegg

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nkw

Aug 28, 2017
Optane SSD 900P 280GB 3DX - Newegg.com

Not exactly smoking hot, but this is the lowest price I have seen for these. It appears to be on sale for the next 10 hours. I did notice when researching pricing that the model numbers without the Star Citizen promo are starting to appear at resellers, which I guess might be a sign that promotion is going to be drawing to a close. This one does have the code with it according to the Newegg page.

nkw

Aug 28, 2017
If you go to the Intel ARK pages and then click "Ordering and Compliance" on the left it should show you the different Ordering Codes. The ones with Star Citizen include "Star Citizen Promo" in the title. I'm assuming the ones which don't note that in the title do not include the promo. I could be wrong, but one of the Ordering Codes I checked (SSDPE21D280GAM3) at different sellers didn't list the Star Citizen info in any of the descriptions.

Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series (280GB, 2.5in PCIe x4, 20nm, 3D XPoint™) Product Specifications
Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series (280GB, 1/2 Height PCIe x4, 20nm, 3D Xpoint) Product Specifications
Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series (480GB, 1/2 Height PCIe x4, 20nm, 3D Xpoint) Product Specifications

am4593

Feb 20, 2017
ah. indeed. i browser ark all the time but never clicked ordering and compliance.

thanks

anoother

Dec 2, 2016
These have been at £350 in the UK since Black Friday week.

Surprised its not the same in dollars for US retailers.

am4593

Feb 20, 2017
I think they will be a premium cost item for at least 2-3 years. that is the way intel seems to roll with their good stuff.

azev

Jan 18, 2013
Got one of this drive during the sale but it came in a brown box... I really want the star citizen code from this deal, I wonder if its inside ??
The product code is the same as per the intel ordering compliance for star citizen promo, SSDPE21D280GASX, so it should have it.
What do you guys think ?? does it have the code inside ? I am worried that if I open it I will have to pay restocking fee to return it to newegg.

am4593

Feb 20, 2017
The star citizen code is on the pieces of paper inside the actual optane 900P box which is inside the brown box. at least that is the way that the 3 that i have bought have been however I did not buy this out of newegg's 359.99$ listing. I actually paid 10$ more to buy exactly what i had previously bought.

Reactions: azev and Patrick

am4593

Feb 20, 2017
I would also point out that I got super lucky and 1 of these that I purchased actually came with 2 star citizen sabre raven code sheets, not 1. But it had to be a packaging error and i wouldnt expect that.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Now thats a tricky situation - apparently the codes are mapped to the drives so if you return the drive it becomes invalid (even after it has been used).
So depending on the way they implemented it you might have only one valid code - or two...

am4593

Feb 20, 2017
Now thats a tricky situation - apparently the codes are mapped to the drives so if you return the drive it becomes invalid (even after it has been used).
So depending on the way they implemented it you might have only one valid code - or two...

True however I bought this drive with the intention of keeping it and I have already confirmed both codes are valid.

Aluminum

Sep 7, 2012
I bought one of each cabled model of the 2.5" for different systems, the $359 and $369 listings. I already have a m.2 slot to u.2 connector board if I need to move one around, asus/asrock made some which are still out there cheap. Both came with SC codes, the black box is inside the brown box (which even says the item inside is marked for retail) as did the 480GB PCIe one I bought on release in Oct.

The codes are technically valued at $200 for return/invoice purposes (test drive and be sure you are keeping it before using/selling code or you will find out the hard way) and at least for now is about what they are worth online. Its funny to see the 'new-but-no-code' drive listings on ebay with hardly any discount.

These drives freaking rock and are underrated, too many people looked at only the sequential and made poor snap judgements.

am4593

Feb 20, 2017
I bought one of each cabled model of the 2.5" for different systems, the $359 and $369 listings. I already have a m.2 slot to u.2 connector board if I need to move one around, asus/asrock made some which are still out there cheap. Both came with SC codes, the black box is inside the brown box (which even says the item inside is marked for retail) as did the 480GB PCIe one I bought on release in Oct.

The codes are technically valued at $200 for return/invoice purposes (test drive and be sure you are keeping it before using/selling code or you will find out the hard way) and at least for now is about what they are worth online. Its funny to see the 'new-but-no-code' drive listings on ebay with hardly any discount.

These drives freaking rock and are underrated, too many people looked at only the sequential and made poor snap judgements.
Agree. Lots of fools out there buying these drives on ebay for nearly list price with no SC code.

And Agree Again. These are amazing boot drives for Windows 10.

I'm curious though what you mean about test driving before using or selling the code. I would believe that once you use the code yourself that the ship is non transferable. then again i dont know much about star citizen other than its long beta development.

anoother

Dec 2, 2016
Wow, so looking at eBay, the Sabre Raven redemption code is worth £1-200. Nice discount on the drive price. *seriously* considering one now.

I've been wanting to check out Star Citizen; would I regret selling the code? Is it possible to sell the craft later after redemption?

Last edited: