Intel NVMe/SAS3 2U Disk Enclosure w/ Oculink interface + SuperMicro AOC-SLG3-4E2P

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

alaeh

Aug 24, 2019
Has anyone tested if this card will work with the Oculink to 4 x SATA cable (CBL-SAST-0933) from Supermicro? I have the 4 port Oculink variant btw (AXXP3SWX08040)

Ryan Haver

Apr 7, 2020
Here's a picture of the PHS with the brackets I built (including brass hot-set screw threads):
View attachment 9731

It'd be pretty easy to remove the plastic block that's there for front-mounting, and then either (a) add holes for ~2mm long screw or (b) add a springy plastic tab that'll poke out into optical drive screw holes.
Do you have the STEP files for your design that you are willing to share? I'd love to remix it for my use case.

tozmo

Feb 1, 2017
Anyone using these cages without a fan drawing through?
I am testing the sas version of this. With 3 2.5 10k drives connected got to 60C really quickly. Now I moved it aside until I can figure out a chassis situation. I'm running badblock tests and have one fan directly in front blowing into the cage and one on the other side blowing away.