Intel DC series/SST Toolbox

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gregsachs

Aug 14, 2018
Greetings, I just bought 2 DC3500 drives on the bay. I started testing with the Intel SSD toolbox on H-V 2016, and one drive is unreliably reading Smart Data and will not pass either the short or long test. Both drives are on internal Intel/LSI Raid controller, but configured JBOD right now. I also connected to a different LSI controller, similar results. I contacted my seller, and he suggested that the Intel toolbox can be unreliable for the DC series drives, and to use the Intel Data center tool. Does that match people's experiences? I ran the ISDCT short and full tests, need to check the results tonight. Is there other testing I can do? Write/verify data? The other drive works fine with the Intel toolbox.
Seller indicated he would exchange if I have a problem, but I'd rather find a user error issue than go through that!
Thanks!

jfeldt

Jul 19, 2015
Sounds fishy to me, I've never had any problems with the SSD toolbox and the 3500 drives or 3700 drives.