Intel DC S3510 1.6TB $298 ea

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
Do these ssds get hot?
I want a fast external ssd and this ssd looks great from specs, capacity and $/gb.

gmitch64

Jan 21, 2017
You mean which support SED ?
TCG ?

What kind of standard ?

Sometimes it’s listed in the intel ARK under advanced technologies section
Yes, TCG. All the drives I've been installing in our Dell servers (with H810s), are SED, and I'd like to keep that going with SSDs.

HGST and Micron part numbers specifiy whether the drive is TGC or even FIPSs, and that information is fairly easily found. I've found it almost impossible to find a decoder ring for Intel SSD part numbers.

G

anomaly

Jan 8, 2018
"
This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.
"

Maybe I'm late to the party.... did anyone ask the seller?

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
Do these hp branded ssds use the "vanilla" intel firmware or would I need hpe firmware?

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Do these hp branded ssds use the "vanilla" intel firmware or would I need hpe firmware?
Don’t know about this exact model but other intel HPE drives have used HPE firmware , never tried any cross flash or anything as just throw them in a HP box and update before use and never touch again.

DaSaint

Oct 3, 2015
Colorado
These HPE type drives do NOT work in Synologies and QNAPs the firmware prevents them from being identified correctly and cause them to not work, i have also noticed that the firmware doesnt work in Dell Technologies (Perc controllers)

If you are using this as a desktop/laptop ssd no issues, when u get to enterprise gear HP is the only one that plays nice with these type of drives.