Intel Core i9-12900KF $399 with free Optane 280GB SSD

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC

reasonsandreasons

May 16, 2022
That is a really good deal. The current-gen equivalent part is the i7-13700KF for $391 (also 8P+8E); compared to that it's Optane for $0.029/GB, plus losing out on some minor improvements between Alder and Raptor Lake.

Reactions: mach3.2 and Patrick

reasonsandreasons

May 16, 2022
Man, that 12900K is an absolutely screaming deal. That's $3 more than Microcenter's price for just the 12900K alone, and you're undercutting the 13700K by $25. Makes me wonder why in god's name they're pricing the 12900KF bundle like that--I'm not going to pay almost $50 to lose the iGPU.

Reactions: Patrick

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
This is so cool... btw for people in the EU, Amazon in the US has implemented something like eBay's GSP and now collect import fees etc.

So I was able to order at the good price, with import fees and shipping it was about the same as one would cost here anyway, so free SSD is a nice addition :cool:

Now question is whether or not to sell the SSD immediately...

Btw @Patrick the referral links on the mainsite post redirected me to the UK website, so wasn't exactly usable, I am not sure what you can do with this, but figured you might want to know...

BoomBangCrash

May 21, 2019
This is so cool... btw for people in the EU, Amazon in the US has implemented something like eBay's GSP and now collect import fees etc.

So I was able to order at the good price, with import fees and shipping it was about the same as one would cost here anyway, so free SSD is a nice addition :cool:

Now question is whether or not to sell the SSD immediately...

Btw @Patrick the referral links on the mainsite post redirected me to the UK website, so wasn't exactly usable, I am not sure what you can do with this, but figured you might want to know...
Amazon links always do this, tis a pain.

ccie4526

Jan 25, 2021
If anyone wants to sell their Optane for the $1 difference, I'm interested. Really don't have a need for the CPU, don't have anything I could even put it in.

ETA: So the $1 is sorta in jest, but I'm open to reasonable consideration.

Last edited:

reasonsandreasons

May 16, 2022
Yeah, I'm in a sort of similar boat. I have a 12600K on a W680 board that I could theoretically swap the 12900K into, but that would require tearing into a new build and selling the old CPU, which is a bit pricey for +2P and +4E in a system that mostly sits idle. I am in the market for a SLOG, though, and this is certainly an upgrade over the 118GB P1600X I had my eye on. If there's a second person interested in doing arbitrage, let me know.

(Now give me a few hours and a decent offer for the 12600K and I could probably talk myself into purchasing the whole bundle for myself...)

ribroc

Feb 16, 2022
Picked this up. Don't need the optane so if someone wants to PM I am willing to be another point of arbitrage. I don't check my PM's that often though, sorry if I'm slow to respond.

nutsnax

Nov 6, 2014
how would the 900p stack up against a PCI-E Gen 4 Samsung PM9A1 for database work (mostly analytics and large datasets) ?

Realcpapi

Jun 9, 2023
If anyone wants to sell their Optane for the $1 difference, I'm interested. Really don't have a need for the CPU, don't have anything I could even put it in.

ETA: So the $1 is sorta in jest, but I'm open to reasonable consideration.
I have plenty of the ssds if you are still interested

Attachments