Intel c2600cp change manufacturer

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Sep 22, 2015
I got a used Intel C2600CP motherboard and VMWare sees a manufacturer name and model number that I'd like to change. It seems to be set at the BIOS level, but there's nothing that I can see in the BIOS that would let me change this. Does anyone know how or if it can be done?

RyC

Oct 17, 2013
My S2600CP came with a weird Rackable Systems manufacturer name and model that ESXi reported, but when I put everything into a P4000M chassis and reran the BIOS/BMC/ME/FRUSDR update package, it magically changed to Intel/S2600CP. In the FRUSDR updater, there appear to be options to change the name and model, but I haven't tried it since it seemed to change on its own for me.

Sep 22, 2015
My S2600CP came with a weird Rackable Systems manufacturer name and model that ESXi reported, but when I put everything into a P4000M chassis and reran the BIOS/BMC/ME/FRUSDR update package, it magically changed to Intel/S2600CP. In the FRUSDR updater, there appear to be options to change the name and model, but I haven't tried it since it seemed to change on its own for me.
Yeah, I thought it might involve that, but every time I try to run the FRUSDR I get an error when I try to push the configuration. Of course mine is not in an official Intel chassis either.

Sep 22, 2015
Ok, I figured it out.

Everytime I tried to update the system info area with UpdateFRUSDR.nsh I'd get an "Unknown Error" and the FRU wouldn't be updated. It seems as though it either got corrupted, or something was done by the system integrator (the company's name I'm trying to get rid of)

I had to run FRUSDR /fru S2600CP.fru which force overwrote the FRU with the default.

Then, whenever I ran UpdateFRUSDR.nsh it worked perfectly and pushed the config just fine.