Intel C22X (Haswell) RAID and Windows 7

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

cactus

Jan 25, 2011
CA
Does anyone have experience with Intel RAID and the new chipsets? I am trying to install Win7 on a Supermicro X10SAE(C226) with RAID 10 and I keep getting an error that iaStorA device drive could not be installed. I have used the drivers from Supermicro, Asus, and direct from Intel; same problem with each. When I go back to AHCI, the drives are each seen without specifying a driver. TIA

iq100

Jun 5, 2012
This is a fresh install of Windows 7? Did you use F6 and force the driver. I suggest the one from Supermicro since it is their hardware. I all else fails maybe a call to Supermicro support.

Does anyone have experience with Intel RAID and the new chipsets? I am trying to install Win7 on a Supermicro X10SAE(C226) with RAID 10 and I keep getting an error that iaStorA device drive could not be installed. I have used the drivers from Supermicro, Asus, and direct from Intel; same problem with each. When I go back to AHCI, the drives are each seen without specifying a driver. TIA

cactus

Jan 25, 2011
CA
New install and when in RAID, no drive show up. I go to load the driver and all the v12.7 drives do not work. I will try to get a hold of supermicro tomorrow.

cactus

Jan 25, 2011
CA
I was using a USB to do the install. When I switched to a DVD, the drivers loaded without error.

cactus

Jan 25, 2011
CA
Switching to a DVD install solved my problems and I didn't look into it more. IIRC USB drives present themselves as SCSI devices so there could be some conflict with IRST(e).