Intel C2000 series - where are all the products?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DolphinsDan

Sep 17, 2013
Long time lurker wanting to get engaged. Here it goes.

Where are all the Xeon C2000 products? I would have thought with a SOC design that we would see them everywhere.

I saw this TR article Inside Intel's Atom C2000-series 'Avoton' processors - The Tech Report - Page 1 and I'm wanting to get my hands on 4-8 SOC systems that are no bigger than 2U. I've seen moonshot and some of the other big guy platforms, but what if I don't want 100+ SOC? I'd much rather have a 1U or 2U cluster box that I can send to different datacenters and build out low costs POPs globally.

Any news from the usual suspects on this type of application? I'm only seeing big (100+ processor) and small (1 processor) solutions.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
I haven't seen any of these. What I'm really hoping for is cards with 2-4 complete Rangeley systems onboard with 4 DIMMs per that you can stack into a 1U, 2U or 4U chassis. I also don't need 100x+, but I'd certainly use 4-16.

I'll go one further though. I'd want a cluster in a box. Imagine if you could have 4-16 nodes plus a switch (one could be dumb one could be L2/ L3)!