Intel AXXRMM4 KVM module (For intel 2600CP boards)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
ugh, so you guys are right!

I thought the chassis were identical but one is about 1" shorter, and obviously has less PCIE slots.

I have 2x 2600 IP Intel Motherboards, one installed in a chassis (Intel 4U) the other was PLANNED to go in the other Intel 4U but apparently the mobo is too big :( Darn Darn Darn!

Anyone need a 2600IP board or "standard" intel 4U chassis since both won't work together now :( arghhhhhh!! Was even considering on keeping these as my only E5 v2s even LOL!! Maybe I'll do some trading? Anyone want this standard 4U chassis for the long one? I alerady have mezz cards, remote management module + KVM key, etc, for the Intel Mobo specifically!!

TType85

Dec 22, 2014
Garden Grove, CA

I thought the chassis were identical but one is about 1" shorter, and obviously has less PCIE slots.

I have 2x 2600 IP Intel Motherboards, one installed in a chassis (Intel 4U) the other was PLANNED to go in the other Intel 4U but apparently the mobo is too big :( Darn Darn Darn!

Anyone need a 2600IP board or "standard" intel 4U chassis since both won't work together now :( arghhhhhh!! Was even considering on keeping these as my only E5 v2s even LOL!! Maybe I'll do some trading? Anyone want this standard 4U chassis for the long one? I alerady have mezz cards, remote management module + KVM key, etc, for the Intel Mobo specifically!!
Which 4u is it? I am looking for a 8x3.5" hotswap one (prefer the dual non-redundant fan/fixed PSU but those are negotiable).

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Where do I find the model/info?

It's identical to my other one just a bit shorter, sounds like the one you were talking about being "Standard".

The hotswap on the one I'm not using currently is actually 16x 2.5" slots

However, I do have 2 cages of 8x3.5" each, I think 1 would fit doubt 2 would, they're the Intel OEM cages from OEMXS too, I got them for some random fun DIY projects and they're leftover NIB/static bag... :)

Let me know where to find chassis info and I'll look it up for ya.
Do you happen to know the model # for the chassis I actually do need to run this other mobo?

Thnx :D

TType85

Dec 22, 2014
Garden Grove, CA
Where do I find the model/info?

It's identical to my other one just a bit shorter, sounds like the one you were talking about being "Standard".

The hotswap on the one I'm not using currently is actually 16x 2.5" slots

However, I do have 2 cages of 8x3.5" each, I think 1 would fit doubt 2 would, they're the Intel OEM cages from OEMXS too, I got them for some random fun DIY projects and they're leftover NIB/static bag... :)

Let me know where to find chassis info and I'll look it up for ya.
Do you happen to know the model # for the chassis I actually do need to run this other mobo?

Thnx :D
Look at Page 17+ on this pdf
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/s...erver/p4000m/sb/g27488005_p4000m_tps_r1_2.pdf

you are right only one set of the 8 3.5" will fit in the hotswap area.

JustinH

Jan 21, 2015
Singapore

I made exactly the same mistake! I now have a 2600IP sitting on a shelf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Luckily for me this motherboard has been sitting 2+ years and the Intel 4U chassis I got for it that doesn't fit I got off ebay (new in box), luckily for not a ton of $$ :) Sucks that the 'larger' chassis is harder to find.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
IIRC, P4000 comes in 3 different sizes S / M / L. S2600IP4 needs the L. I got the barebones unit with NIB from OEMXS. Once you decipher the Intel Naming convention, it starts making sense.

P4216XXMHGR
216 2.5x16
XX - MB identfier
M-medium
H-hotswap drive bays
G- power supply
R- can't remember of the top of my head :). I think hot plug fans vs fixed

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TType85

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I kinda wish the Intel boards were more standard, as it is unless you have Intel chassis they require modded front panel header connectors, 24 pin and 8 pin extensions. They also have weird fan connectors. I ruminated hard on whether or not I wanted Intel P4000 chassis or Supermicro 745 and found the 745 would just all around be much better for practically any board I want to put in it.

TType85

Dec 22, 2014
Garden Grove, CA
I kinda wish the Intel boards were more standard, as it is unless you have Intel chassis they require modded front panel header connectors, 24 pin and 8 pin extensions. They also have weird fan connectors. I ruminated hard on whether or not I wanted Intel P4000 chassis or Supermicro 745 and found the 745 would just all around be much better for practically any board I want to put in it.
Yeah, the P4000 is a nice chassis though if you use their boards, especially for the price from OEMXS.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Yeah, the P4000 is a nice chassis though if you use their boards, especially for the price from OEMXS.

Yep, IMHO the only way to use intel is to keep it 100% intel.

They're nice, clean and stuff fits where it needs to go.

The catch-22 of that is you can rarely use it elsewhere, and you can rarely use other guts inside w/out lots of work/add-ons as mentioned.

Aside from that there's other little things that bug me about intel like nickel and dimed on the remote management accessories/options, the entire ES CPU thing is obv. a big no-go for most who try to save $$ on CPUs and working on them feel 'weird', maybe jsut me on that part ;)L OL

I will say though, if you have a 100% Intel chassis/system they sure do go together great, and just "work". BUTTTT coming froma DIY background, blek, blek blek, LOL!!!

Last edited:

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Looks like the "L" version I'd need, right?

Thanks for sharing.

Wonder how much my 16x 2.5" version (new) is worth? Sadly got rid of OEM Box it came in :(
It looks like the correct height the only things I notice are that the front door doesn't seem to open, it only has 4 x 3.5" and it's not hot swap.

TType85

Dec 22, 2014
Garden Grove, CA