Intel 320 600GB $97

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

paranoidAndroid

Oct 23, 2014
At my last office we had some 320's in laptops and some just quit working. google for more info but heres a quick link I had from an old email with a colleague How to recover data from Intel SSD 320 Series

I found that doing a secure erase "fixed" the drive back to working condition but I had already done RMA with intel and asked them to give me a fixed dirve, which resulted in a 520 series upgrade for free.

keybored

May 28, 2016
Same here. I had three 320s die on me. The first two died immediately after I connected them to my Dell branded work laptop. Literally turned into paperweights, unrecognized by any laptop/mobo I connected them to. The third replacement I received worked but I suspect only because I put it into my other laptop (ASUS). I suspect there was something about that SATA controller in the Dell that it didn't like. This third one worked for a while and then one day turned itself into an 8MB SATA appendage. RMAed it and the replacement is still working, but given my experience I wouldn't touch a 320 with a 100-ft pole without a long warranty.

xnoodle

Jan 4, 2011
Ditto. Had 2 brick with the 8 mb bug. Had latest firmware. Was able to secure erase to get the drives back but you lose the data.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

paranoidAndroid

Oct 23, 2014
really surprised the intel didnt fix this issue. seems like a firmware update would resolve. kind of reminiscent of the crucial m4 ? models that would bsod after 5000 hours or the other issue those had.

edit, there are some google hits saying it was resolved with firmware updates. still not sure i want to take the chance...