Intel 2TB SSD P4510 Series DC NVME U.2 - $375

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

awedio

Feb 24, 2012

There doesn't seem to be any local supply of P4510's

Has anyone used any of these overseas sellers?

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
I haven't used these and have in the past bought SSD's from china - but apparently I was just lucky that I received something that was as advertised.

So I am guessing if you can live with the potential hassle of returning defective/unusable drives to china/handling ebay support - then you could try your luck.
But I would only buy from sellers with 10k+ sales or more that should limit the issues.

Stephan

Apr 21, 2017
Germany
I have bought for personal use from chinese sellers, mostly huge-TBW class drives for ZFS SLOG purposes. One caveat appears to be Intel vs. OEM. My last purchase was a 400GB P3700 U.2 2.5". I deliberately picked an offer with original Intel picture, because I wanted easy firmware updating. Usually those are 10-30 USD more expensive. Six hours later I get an e-mail via ebay that "it was looked and device is HPE OEM, if that would also be okay". I proposed refund or price match with cheapest offer on ebay and that was accepted. So watch out for that.

Device came in HPE sled mounted so no reason to suspect fakes. Update of firmware to HPE latest worked through nvme utility in Linux.

All in all I would not buy such stuff from China when priced significantly over a say 300-400 USD threshold. It will be painful should things go south and ebay or PayPal refuse any help, but managable. It is still a gamble with Restrisiko.

Suggestion from Bjorn with 10k+ sales minimum above can also help, because then seller at least knows what he is selling.

Reactions: BoredSysadmin

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
No its not
I assume this is their feedback number?

Just curious, why is 10k+ the number?
Its the number of sales they have made - and the higher the better - meaning when trading with people so far away that its a hassle to get your money back you want to trade with people that have done a lot of trades.

10k was just a suggestion of number of trades.

Reactions: awedio

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
@Bjorn Smith Which number is the right one? Unless I'm looking in the wrong place?
Well the number after the name i.e. 92107 is how many sales the seller has made.
Another interesting number is the feedback from the last 12 months. So both should be high, i.e. number of sales + number of positive feedbacks.