EXPIRED Intel 1.6TB DC SSD P3605 - $470 BIN

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Modaeus

Dec 12, 2016
For anyone considering these.
I bought one from the seller. It came in a antistatic bag with a "new" label without any firmware / oracle PN info on.
the firmware version is RA12 and this is output from SSD toolbox:

Attachments

Reactions: BackupProphet

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
1.1TB written and about 78 days powered on is not much for these drives.

nanoha__tyan

Dec 30, 2017
For anyone considering these.
I bought one from the seller. It came in a antistatic bag with a "new" label without any firmware / oracle PN info on.
the firmware version is RA12 and this is output from SSD toolbox:

mine fw also ra12,its bugged need update to ra13, will get slightly better perfmance.

Son of Homer

May 9, 2016
1.1TB written and about 78 days powered on is not much for these drives.
Intel shows:
  • Endurance Rating (Lifetime Writes) 8.76 PBW (JEDEC Workload)
  • Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) 2,000,000 Hrs
  • Uncorrectable Bit Error Rate (UBER) less than 1 sector per 1e17 bits read
  • Warranty Period 5 yrs

nanoha__tyan

Dec 30, 2017
How much performance is there to gain by updating? asking since I currently don't have a linux system to update it through.
I copy this from orcale:

During OS install or reboot testing, Oracle 1.6 TB NVMe SSDs with 8DV1RA12 firmware stop operating.

Under specific conditions, Oracle 1.6 TB NVMe SSDs with 8DV1RA12 firmware undergoing multiple reset or power-off events in a short time span can cause a drive to assert and a stop occurs. The controller places the drive into Disable Logical mode. This ASSERT or BAD_CONTEXT mode shuts down the drive storage device when the internal state of drive metadata could allow the drive to return incorrect data to the host, but the controller will still be visible to the NVMe driver.

I install ubuntu on this drive & update fw, then just format it.

TIM图片20180115192509.png
TIM图片20180115192513.png
Just quick test result.

Reactions: Modaeus

Modaeus

Dec 12, 2016
I copy this from orcale:

During OS install or reboot testing, Oracle 1.6 TB NVMe SSDs with 8DV1RA12 firmware stop operating.

Under specific conditions, Oracle 1.6 TB NVMe SSDs with 8DV1RA12 firmware undergoing multiple reset or power-off events in a short time span can cause a drive to assert and a stop occurs. The controller places the drive into Disable Logical mode. This ASSERT or BAD_CONTEXT mode shuts down the drive storage device when the internal state of drive metadata could allow the drive to return incorrect data to the host, but the controller will still be visible to the NVMe driver.

I install ubuntu on this drive & update fw, then just format it.

View attachment 7620
View attachment 7621
Just quick test result.
Thank you very much for a quick and detailed answer! will look into updating this weekend.