Installing memory on the Supermicro X9DRH-7F

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JamesJB

Dec 12, 2019
Before I ask this question I did read the manual that supermicro has on their website,still confused :(

I will have the Supermicro X9DRH-7F,I will have 64gig 1066mhz ram yea I know its low speed but was told memory speed on server is not important.

I am confused on how to install the memory I will have 4 16gig sticks. So how would I install the memory for duel channel? Its much easier on my PC only cause it have 4 ram slots lol,The server board has like 16 slots lol.

Please help,going to install everything by the 24th if everything gets here in time.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
I would not say memory speed does not matter but it tends to matter less than amount. Better to have more slower memory than be constrained and have fast memory, also it’s very workload dependent if speed matters, some HPC workload memory speed does matter.

anyway to answer the question, just look at the diagram and instructions
https://www.supermicro.com/manuals/motherboard/C606_602/MNL-1306.pdf

CPU1 + CPU2
P1-DIMMA1/P1-DIMMB1, P2-DIMME1/P2-DIMMF1

for example the 2 blue slots of CPU 1 on the side where the PSU plugs in, and the 2 blue slots on CPU towards middle of the board.