infiniband transport

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zane

Aug 22, 2013
I have a c6100 with the dual infiniband cards in all nodes and an infiniband switch. I have a SunFire x4540 with 48 tb's raw currently with no OS installed software raid only (would like to run zfs) with infiniband connectx2 card. The c6100 nodes are all running Windows server 2012.

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what OS I want to install on the SunFire x4540 because it looks like Solaris (like distros), Linux, and BSD do not yet support SMB RDMA. Is their something that I'm missing in the SMB RDMA area because I would love to run zfs.

Suggestions and ideas for the SunFire x4540 OS and infiniband transport protocols to use are more than welcome.

Forgot to add that hyper-v is on all four c6100 nodes and their VM's will live on the x4540.

Last edited:

zane

Aug 22, 2013
Moved to: http://forums.servethehome.com/sola...r-infiniband-transport-nas-san.html#post22178

I have a c6100 with the dual infiniband cards in all nodes and an infiniband switch. I have a SunFire x4540 with 48 tb's raw currently with no OS installed software raid only (would like to run zfs) with infiniband connectx2 card. The c6100 nodes are all running Windows server 2012.

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what OS I want to install on the SunFire x4540 because it looks like Solaris (like distros), Linux, and BSD do not yet support SMB RDMA. Is their something that I'm missing in the SMB RDMA area because I would love to run zfs.

Suggestions and ideas for the SunFire x4540 OS and infiniband transport protocols to use are more than welcome.

Forgot to add that hyper-v is on all four c6100 nodes and their VM's will live on the x4540.

Status
Not open for further replies.