Infiniband Testing for High Speed Low Power AIO

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

33_viper_33

Aug 3, 2013
I'm still waiting on a spare cable. I have had no issues up to this point. Is your theory that one of the 4 links within the cable is bad? I will try swapping the cards and check if the problem moves. I find it odd though that it was just working with another OS installed. I've tested under 2 windows 7 machines as well.

33_viper_33

Aug 3, 2013
Well, cables finally arrived which didn't solve the problem. I will try swapping cards as soon as I get some time.

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to bridge the ethernet and ib networks shy of a IB bridging switch. PFsense works with vSwitches, but presents a bottle neck. Has anyone done infiniband testing with Vyatta? I would think it would be more receptive to infiniband since it is based on Linux vs BSD. If someone can save me hours of testing, it would be most appreciated since it appears I've already gone down a deep rabbit hole with this "little" project.