Infiniband Question

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Jun 3, 2020
Hello community!

I am building my home lab. Different manufacturers offer transceivers along with their IB cards. My question is; is the pinout for the connector and for the transceivers standardized? E.g I have 4 MHQH29B-XSR IB cards and a IS5030 switch, if I come across 4 Intel QSFP QDR cables on Ebay can I buy them knowing they'll work if I plug them into the devices? Or do I have to buy Mellanox wires?

Thank you!

necr

Dec 27, 2017
I’d stay away from QDR in 2020, FDR HCAs cost about 20$ more, and some of the FDR switches I’ve seen were even cheaper than QDR. Add to that better driver support, and 40G Ethernet mostly out of the box. My next lab will be with EDR/HDR products and interesting offloads.

Jun 3, 2020
I’d stay away from QDR in 2020, FDR HCAs cost about 20$ more, and some of the FDR switches I’ve seen were even cheaper than QDR. Add to that better driver support, and 40G Ethernet mostly out of the box. My next lab will be with EDR/HDR products and interesting offloads.
Looking forward to seeing that build!

I've got access to QDR equipment. Looking at the market, well - at least on Ebay, prices seem to have wild fluctuations among listings. Would definitely consider it though.