Infiniband QDR optical cable (30m) @ US$39.95

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
Nice,

good deals all...

With the 30Mtr optical cable I can have shared SSD storage from the server direct to my desktop machine :D.

Raiding those Agility IIIs I had from you....

RB

Aluminum

Sep 7, 2012
Almost fell off my chair when I saw this one.

These are usually in the hundreds of dollars range.

IBM Tyco 30m Optical QDR InfiniBand 4x10 QSFP Cable

RB
FWIW that guy has been selling them for at least a few weeks, picked up 3 so far, all work great. They are brand new, mine had assembly dates in april 2013.

Its easier for me to have a 100 foot cable left spooled up and vecro'ed to the side of my rack than get a 3 foot thick copper cable, and I'm future proofed if I move somewhere and spread my computers out again.

One of those is in china so 3 weeks out (I get all my random wifi parts that way, 2 pigtails in US = $15+UPS charges, 10 pigtails from china = $5 with standard "airmail" included)
The other I think is too long for a passive cable to be in spec at high speeds.

Last edited:

Entz

Apr 25, 2013
Canada Eh?
Thanks for the link, fantastic price. I was mourning the fact that my desktop was moved too far away from my server, and it was not going to be cost effective to run a cable. This fixes that :D

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
I guess this would be good to have (don't tell wife) :rolleyes:

Offered at $20 and awaiting response. $40 is really a steal though.

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
FWIW that guy has been selling them for at least a few weeks, picked up 3 so far, all work great. They are brand new, mine had assembly dates in april 2013.

Its easier for me to have a 100 foot cable left spooled up and vecro'ed to the side of my rack than get a 3 foot thick copper cable, and I'm future proofed if I move somewhere and spread my computers out again.
That is a very good point. I have around 5x 8Mtr thich Infiniband cables coiled in my rack and these optical cables would be muck more space friendly. Of course I would need a QDR IB switch as well ;).

RB

Last edited:

Toddh

Jan 30, 2013
Has anyone bought any of the 1m cables from China? Last time I bought from there the auction was listed incorrectly and they were sfp cables, which are still sitting unused....

s0lid

Feb 25, 2013
Tampere, Finland
Well looks like paying for the Express shipping was worth it, got the 1M cables in 4 days from hong kong. They're real deal also.

mini-me01

Aug 6, 2013
I have some Supermicro AOC-STG-I2 10Gbe cards that would work great with these. Send me a PM if you are interested!

britinpdx

Feb 8, 2013
Portland OR
Any offers been accepted? $50 + shipping for two got no counter offer.
Back on May 14th my offer for 2x optical cables @$35 each + shipping was accepted.

The cheapest (and longest) QSFP - QSFP cables I have purchased to date, maybe a little long but working great. I considered it an absolute steal, although I'm sure someone has purchased something cheaper/better ....