In search of a new 2 / 4 node to replace my C6100

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
Do you have link for the 10gb cards?
thanks
Sorry @Marsh I bought 2/4 for $100 ea but someone else snagged the other 2 before I could go back and get them. I emailed the seller to see if he had more but no dice.

When you update the firmware, make sure you update for all nodes. Otherwise without matching firmwares, the FCB will not be working properly.
Wow, I'm glad you posted this as I was just about to look for firmware upgrades for the only node I have running right now. I'll hold off then until the others are online. Thanks for the tip.

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
If this is the card
INTEL 10GbE - DUAL-PORT I/O Module - AXX10GBNIAIOM - 82599EB

You will also need AXXRMM4IOMW pre-installed in your system.
Yea, those are the mezz cards I bought and the AXXRMM4IOMW was already included in each of the nodes :D

I bought 2 originally and then thought I should get the other 2 but he sold out pretty quick. Ideally I'd like 2 mezz cards that are FDR dual port but those are going for $700 ea on eBay which is just retarded.

Reactions: T_Minus and Marsh

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
I'll be setting up a 2016 Storage Spaces Direct setup with this new equipment so I can demo it to my colleagues at work. There are some really neat use cases for it at my job if it works reasonably well.

First road block... TP4 doesn't recognize the storage controller and my drive attached even thou I supplied the drivers.. bleh...

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
try this , I am using it now with Windows 2016 TP4
Download Intel® RSTe AHCI & SCU Software RAID driver for Windows*

In bios, config PCH to use RSTe option
Those are the exact one's I was using and it detects the driver for the C600 chipset and after installing it my Samsung drive still doesn't show up. I see it in the BIOS fine. It may have something to do with presenting the driver via an img file over KVM I'm not sure but will give it another shot when I get home.

I'm also getting lockups of the remote management console when attaching 4GB + files to boot from. A server OFF & ON has to be done which is odd.

*EDIT* probably found the problem....
BIOS POST Progress Error. DIMM_D1 failed test/initialization -Major - Asserted

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

JustinH

Jan 21, 2015
Singapore
Just thought I'd post this in case anybody hits the same issue:
I purchased a AH2000WP6GKIT kit for my 2216 box (its a 6G SaS kit with a LSI 2308 controller) as the stock boxes only do Sata II (3G) as well as some of those Hitachi 450G SaS drives in the deals section.

I was getting tons of SAS errors etc.

I had to upgrade the firmware to on the SaS card to p20 (p19 still threw errors) and sg_format the Hitachi Drives, disabling protection. After that, its flying. I'll probably buy a few more of those 6G kits for the rest of my nodes so I can take advantage of SSD speeds... :)

TheServerGuy

Dec 18, 2016
I just purchased 4 of the AH2000WP6GKIT for my H2216 server I'm building out for colo. Does it still require the RKSAS4 Storage Upgrade Chip, in addition to this kit, to get SAS2 working?

TheServerGuy

Dec 18, 2016
Ahh nevermind, no I do not! I've installed it and it's working like a charm. SSD read went from 230 to 520mb/s. I see now that the Storage Upgrade Chips are for the Intel Raid controller only.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Ahh nevermind, no I do not! I've installed it and it's working like a charm. SSD read went from 230 to 520mb/s. I see now that the Storage Upgrade Chips are for the Intel Raid controller only.
So you're the guy who got the 4 out of the 5 available from kalleyomalley -_-

TheServerGuy

Dec 18, 2016
Yessir, I imagine he has more and will update the listing. Do you happen to be the guy who purchased the other H2216-WPKR w/ 4x2600WP for $900?

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Nah I haven't been able to scope out any of the H2216 with nodes included, only H2312