1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you had to pick an antivirus/anti-malware tool, which would you choose?

Discussion in 'Software Stuff' started by spyrule, Jan 10, 2018.

1. spyrule

spyrule Active Member

Current company that I just took IT management control of (there was no prior management, just a cheap company plugging things in) has been using Eset security, but I'm not 100% convinced its worth the cost (and its up for renewal in 3 weeks). We havn't had issues, but were about to merge with another company and I'm not sure how effective it will be at preventing ransomware and other emerging network threats.

I'm just looking for opinions and experiences with any corporate/business level AV/AM software that you've either loved or hated.

Thanks in advance.

I plan on changing most of the network switches/firewall/gateway to ubiquiti products, so anything that you know works well with that is appreciated.

2. StammesOpfer

StammesOpfer Active Member

Nobody gets fired for going with Mcafee or Symantec. Are they the cheapest probably not. With the installed user base and the size of companies running it they have things worked out and excellent integration. If something does break it will get fixed quickly.

3. nkw

nkw Active Member

My personal view is third-party antivirus utilities introduce more (or more serious) vulnerabilities than they protect against.

See, e.g., Project Zero: How to Compromise the Enterprise Endpoint and https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-security-updates-and-antivirus-software

StevenDTX likes this.
  4. audio catalyst

sophos would be good, that being said, ms has pretty much covert anti virus.
    you be better off protecting the incomming traffic, mail and im traffic at a scanning proxy/gateway, and some basic user training

send from a mobile device, so typo's are to be expected

StammesOpfer likes this.
  5. Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

McAfee, Symantec, Sophos
    I would always try to use a different vendor on server than desktop and also make sure you have you UTM/Proxy doing malware and virus checking

6. Jannis Jacobsen

Jannis Jacobsen Active Member

Palo Alto Traps

-Jannis