IcyDock 2.5" to 3.5" Adapters on Amazon $9.99

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

geeker342

Jul 17, 2013
Was that $16 including shipping? I usually just use a USB drive or in the case of these adapters I'm needing them for SSD boot drives. Good deal on the 80GB 10K though!

Aluminum

Sep 7, 2012
These are a better design IMO, the same size and connector locations as a 3.5" drive so you can use them like a full size drive or use as their own drive bay in a front floppy/3.5" external bay.

They are sold under a few different brands but I think this is the real OEM:
Industrial Chassis | iStarUSA Products | BPU-2535-SI - 1 x 3.5" to 1 x 2.5" SATA I/II/III Hot-Swap Drive Cage

I find them on sale with free shipping sometimes, thats when I gobble them up, have these links on watch duty:
StarTech 25SATSAS35 HDD Accessory - Newegg.com
Athena Power BP-SAC1111B Accessories - Newegg.com
Amazon.com: StarTech.com 2.5-Inch SATA/SAS SSD/HDD to 3.5-Inch SATA Hard Drive Converter (25SATSAS35): Computers & Accessories

I should mention a lot of the people reviewing these are clueless so don't pay too much attention to their negative crap. The holes line up perfectly if you understand them: the bottom are for hard drive trays, the side are for floppy/3.5" ext drive bays in cases.
The OEM only lists SATA, so the rebrands are the ones making the incorrect claim about SAS support.

I also have a msata to 2.5" ssd adapter from hwtools.net, then I can go full inception-mode without touching a screwdriver. (2-3x 5.25" to 3-4x 3.5", 3.5" to 2.5", 2.5" to msata) Actually its just so I can easily write images for laptops :)

Last edited: