ICX 6450 and 6610 - excellent switches!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sth2100

Feb 22, 2022
Have been setting up my 6450 and 6610 switches that are replacing some very limited or aged equipment on my rack. The old POE switch maxed out at 100mb, so finally moving over to full 1gb is great.

Beyond the obvious points of more ports and speed, I am extremely impressed with the configuration and management options of these two switches. I can control and monitor just about everything I can think of, right down to the individual power consumption of each poe port, and even set poe limitations.

I never worked in a data center, always wrote software, so when it comes to playing with this enterprise level equipment, it's all new to me how convenient this hardware can be. Consumer grade hardware that I have been using over the past 40 years just doesn't compare, and this enterprise grade equipment is cheaper (when used) as well.

Feeling like a kid in a candy store. :) Also feels like I just stole these things off the back of a truck with the price they are going for compared to consumer-grade equipment/features.

DaSnipe

Feb 27, 2022
I just setup a 6450 too, it's amazing, I'm going to sell the smaller crappier "business grade" TP-Link switch it replaced lol

Reactions: W3AreDev

W3AreDev

Mar 24, 2022
I've just gotten my hands on one recently and am currently in the process of setting it up and configuring it following the instructions from @fohdeesha . Did you guys run into any problems during the setup? I'm stuck at the part of trying to read the image from the TFTP server.

sth2100

Feb 22, 2022
I didn't have any issues with the TFTP. I have a TrueNAS server and it was just a matter of flipping a TFTP switch in the service section and dropping those files into the correct directory on the server to be retrieved. What issue are you running into with TFTP currently?

DaSnipe

Feb 27, 2022
I didn't have any issues with the TFTP. I have a TrueNAS server and it was just a matter of flipping a TFTP switch in the service section and dropping those files into the correct directory on the server to be retrieved. What issue are you running into with TFTP currently?
I should've done that instead of creating a TFTP server on the laptop, good idea completely forgot lol

Reactions: sth2100