IBM-N2215/SAS9302-8i for $59.99 OBO

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
You could - not sure how inclined he'd be to disclose buyer information?
Probably not as problematic for you guys as it would be over here though...

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
No personal information as defined by US privacy laws was disclosed. The ebay account name is not personal information.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Well I'd argue but I am no lawyer :) And o/c I have no clue re US privacy laws :p

So it sounds it was him, still no crime done.
Even if what you said in the other thread is correct that is also no crime - its not nice and not particular fair, but its not worse then the next TV commercial telling you to get a certain tooth paste since your teeth will be whiter ... or a sponsored report telling you that driving in a small car is unsafe because only big cars protect the passengers properly (from other big overpowered cars) or whatever else the industry does to make you buy their products.

So I think we agree its not the conduct we'd like to see but its still not against the rules; and getting all agitated and riled up will not make it better.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
No it is not "fundamental". It is hard to believe but some companies still produce their own original products to sell.

@BLinux is reselling commodity products at 3-4 times the price than other sellers. The only reason he gets away with charging that much more is by spreading FUD in his videos. I have talked to quite a few people who after watching his infamous "how to spot fakes" video were scared to buy from anyone else. I am arguing that it was exactly the intended effect of the video. Just few comments above I have linked another thread on this very forum where a new member described his hesitation to buy an adapter from a local seller just because it looked slightly different (same model, different revision) from the unit listed in the art of server ebay store.

I have explained why I believe that his video is FUD in the same thread.

This part is not even relevant to the conversation.
Are you kidding me? Most of what is sold today has been purchased at a cheaper price. Most retail or even ebay products are at the tail end of a long distribution channel of b2b sellers you never even see. Even companies like CDW and Provantage buy from larger distributors like Ingram Micro which, imagine this, they sell to CDW and Provantage with a markup! How insane is that? No it's not--it's just the normal multi-level distribution system that many industries all over the globe use to bring products to their customers.

OMG! 3-4 times! So when I was buying Honda Civic radiators for $25 and selling them at $110 that was a crime?!? No, it wasn't. It was the markup needed to sustain my business, which barely eeked out a net of 7% of gross sales even with a 4x markup on certain parts like the aforementioned Civic radiator. If you think this is the exception to the rule, think again--almost every level of distribution requires a 100% markup to cover overhead. It's why the $25 radiator I was buying started at $5 at the factory in China. And round and round it goes, no matter what industry you're in.

If you're trying to say you're not personally attacking, it's the worse example of a non-personal attack I've seen. If you don't agree with what someone has produced in videos that they believe are true and that their customers find value, then don't buy the product being sold. It's like me getting pissed every time I see a General Motors automotive commercial talk about 'quality' (GM quality is a joke in the USA). The beauty of capitalism is that if a weasel is actually a weasel, they will eventually not have any customers and be out of business. Most businesses HAVE to bring something of value to their customers whether by their product, their support, or their price, just to name a few dimensions. It's one of the reasons there are companies that can sell products at MSRP. I would think that's a ripoff, but it makes sense to certain people in certain situations and who am I to judge what is best for them.

And related, this is why a consumer has to have done their homework and be saavy on some level. Gone are the days of asking for something and having no clue about it and a salesperson taking the time to give you all the information for you to make a properly informed decision. Today, you have to look at every piece of information you see as 'marketing material' and find your own truth in it. If you can't do this very basic level due diligence, then you will never find the best deal or perfect product no matter if is an HBA, a radiator, or a car.

Reactions: Sleyk and itronin

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
Samir,

I noticed long time ago that you sometimes have a tendency to go off on a tangent but I never expected to hear from you this level of completely irrelevant bullshit (a lecture on principles of capitalism and CDW business model? really?). I have tried to count all the strawman fallacies you crammed into this last post but I lost count. If you just wanted to let me know that you disagree with my point of view - thank you, I registered your vote. But if you wanted to have an intelligent conversation (maybe to explain me where I am wrong, I don't know). I am sorry, all I can think of - wtf I just read?

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I realize I don't have to read this but on the off chance that the deal fell apart or the seller had additional inventory and the boards became available again - I've been watching this thread.

Seriously, would ya'll take this somewhere else? From a disinterested observer: IMO this discussion is bordering on attack level stuff I'd expect to see in loosely moderated reddit. If you want to talk counterfeit FUD for HBAs there's a forum and even an appropriate thread.

If you want to talk about how to go about flipping and reselling hardware I suspect the general forum would seem to be more appropriate.

Right now I'm dis-incentivized to post any deals 'cause I'm afraid of a continually devolving discussion akin to what seems to be going on here.

Frankly, I'm surprised that a moderator hasn't shut this down already. Deal seems to be dead.
This discussion is getting pretty testy and beyond.
This discussion doesn't seem to have a whole lot to do with a constructive or relevant STH topic.

Please just stop.

nezach

Oct 14, 2012
I realize I don't have to read this but on the off chance that the deal fell apart or the seller had additional inventory and the boards became available again - I've been watching this thread.

Seriously, would ya'll take this somewhere else? From a disinterested observer: IMO this discussion is bordering on attack level stuff I'd expect to see in loosely moderated reddit. If you want to talk counterfeit FUD for HBAs there's a forum and even an appropriate thread.

If you want to talk about how to go about flipping and reselling hardware I suspect the general forum would seem to be more appropriate.

Right now I'm dis-incentivized to post any deals 'cause I'm afraid of a continually devolving discussion akin to what seems to be going on here.

Frankly, I'm surprised that a moderator hasn't shut this down already. Deal seems to be dead.
This discussion is getting pretty testy and beyond.
This discussion doesn't seem to have a whole lot to do with a constructive or relevant STH topic.

Please just stop.
+1

Reactions: Samir and Sleyk

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019
What has happened here is sure to further fuel silence among those who genuinely desire to share their great finds with fellow community members.

On an obvious note, capitalism itself is not to be condemned, and surely it is not vicious of its very nature, merely a construct lacking conscious.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Samir,

I noticed long time ago that you sometimes have a tendency to go off on a tangent but I never expected to hear from you this level of completely irrelevant bullshit (a lecture on principles of capitalism and CDW business model? really?). I have tried to count all the strawman fallacies you crammed into this last post but I lost count. If you just wanted to let me know that you disagree with my point of view - thank you, I registered your vote. But if you wanted to have an intelligent conversation (maybe to explain me where I am wrong, I don't know). I am sorry, all I can think of - wtf I just read?
You're complaining about a tangent when you decided to attack the person that got a deal in a great deals thread? That's pretty arrogant, as well as calling the considerable amount of business knowledge I posted 'BS'. I don't think there's a chance of having an intelligent conversation on this topic as I don't think you even have a clue about how business really works here in the US.

This is the last thing I am going to say to you addressing your derailing of this thread. If you have anything else to say, take it to PM. Hopefually a moderator or Patrick (sorry Patrick!) can split the thread so that the deal discussion stays here and the other discussions can go elsewhere.

Reactions: Sleyk

Filez

Feb 18, 2019
Everyone is talking about capitalism and buying from one place and selling to another. Yes, that's great and nothing is wrong with that and the people involved in those transactions get something in return, that's business. But if you think about whoever is sharing a great deal with the community, he is not doing because some re-seller going to make profit with it. Its about, hey I got a good deal and like to share with the community so everyone can get a piece. This is the same reason some softwares are completely free for personal use and NOT free for commercial use, aka profit. If a deal is posted here, its meant for the community I guess and not for some reseller hoarding. Nothing wrong with the reseller and he can spent day and night searching and hording deals from ebay. I can not imagine if all the great deals posted here gets hoarded by some resellers, this thread will not exist or mods have to rename 'thread for reseller'. yes, cant stop resellers still hoarding and profiting but who is going to post deals now and why not they just pm to people they know who are not resellers. Let the reseller do work for his profit and not make a profit from someone else's good will. If this is not handled, end result will be we will not get a share of a good deal that is meant for community.

Last edited:

Filez

Feb 18, 2019
Agreed, time based deal posting will at least provide some sort of fair competition.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Everyone is talking about capitalism and buying from one place and selling to another. Yes, that's great and nothing is wrong with that and the people involved in those transactions get something in return, that's business. But if you think about whoever is sharing a great deal with the community, he is not doing because some re-seller going to make profit with it. Its about, hey I got a good deal and like to share with the community so everyone can get a piece. This is the same reason some softwares are completely free for personal use and NOT free for commercial use, aka profit. If a deal is posted here, its meant for the community I guess and not for some reseller hoarding. Nothing wrong with the reseller and he can spent day and night searching and hording deals from ebay. I can not imagine if all the great deals posted here gets hoarded by some resellers, this thread will not exist or mods have to rename 'thread for reseller'. yes, cant stop resellers still hoarding and profiting but who is going to post deals now and why not they just pm to people they know who are not resellers. Let the reseller do work for his profit and not make a profit from someone else's good will. If this is not handled, end result will be we will not get a share of a good deal that is meant for community.
Two things to add. One, is that most resellers can purchase at prices cheaper than the great deals posted here--that's how they're able to sell stuff at such amazing prices. Secondly, because of this I don't think there are many people looking at the great deals for the purpose of resale. Yes, there are times when this might be the case, but I don't think this particular forum is the reason for it since resellers seeking inventory have much better luck simply querying ebay directly. And because of such searches, a deal posted here may be purchased by someone that found it on ebay, even if they are a member here.

Now, that being said, I completely agree with you that if the deals here are constantly being bought by resellers, then that does defeat the purpose of this forum. But in my own experience, deals which I've posted which a reseller could have easily bought and resold at a profit were never touched, hence I tend to think that these deals are still benefitting the community members versus resellers.