IBM-N2215/SAS9302-8i for $59.99 OBO

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
WOW! I didn't think that was such a hot deal at the listed price this afternoon when I posted it. You see them pop up for around $70 in smaller quantities here and there. Thought it would help fellow STH members looking for these as I've not seen these at this price in qty & on state side. Guess seller was looking to offload quickly and BL took advantage. I can't really blame him though. Thee are folks are willing to pay a premium (quite a bit) for the pre-flashed cards and he is taking advantage of the demand.

Few years ago, I spent hours screwing around with the flashing of Dell H310 with FreeDos / UEFI and different versions of SAS2FLASH. I chalk that up to my learning where as these folks don't want bother with that process.

Last edited:

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
Thee are folks are willing to pay a premium (quite a bit) for the pre-flashed cards and he is taking advantage of the demand.
I just explained in another thread that I don't have a problem with anyone taking advantage of anyone else's laziness. But I do have a problem with @BLinux intentionally misleading people. Just this afternoon I have seen 2 new discussions (on different forums) where a person looking for help with selecting a storage controller dismissed absolutely valid (and very inexpensive) options because "the art of server guy said those were fakes" meaning that he watched the video where @BLinux advised against buying from international sellers.

Also on multiple occasions I have seen people paying him for a storage controller literally more than the whole system they were going to install the controller into was worth. Those people were not in position to pay any premiums. They were clearly taken advantage of.

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
That was a nice deal, too bad that they all got snatched up like that(well... not really for me, I already have too many SAS controllers), but I suppose there is nothing we can do about this it is just a part of the game.

I know it can be infuriating but there is no point in complaining about it, and especially the personal attacks are bad, it will only cause grieve in the long run (would you want to be a participant of a forum, where complaining and personal attacks are common?).

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
@RTM, I am not sure what exactly you are complaining about. I am just following @BLinux's own advice:
well, we can only resort to public shaming at this point... share across all social media... LOL

But in all seriousness, when a member of your community is being dishonest, do you call them out or just go "oh oh let's not hurt their feelings"? I do not attack the person. Just their actions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sleyk

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
First of all its not uncommon for this to happen, I've seen lots of deal that were snooped up and then resold at higher prices
This is perfectly ok, if its posted here anyone can do it. O/c it upsets ppl who also would have loved a piece of the cake - been there myself.
But its not against the rules, so no reason to cry murder here.
Also maybe he would be happy to sell to fellow forum members at a good price or maybe even the original $60 - you won't know if you don't ask.

Secondly, at this point all you have is the fact that the seller has the same amount of feedback points then his account has, which is indicative only.
I'd suggest you calm down a bit and ask him about it before jumping to conclusions and calling for "public shaming" ...

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Buying cheap and selling for a mark up is a fundamental part of any products based business. It is also important to know your customer and product and what they are willing to pay. BLinux specializes in a niche field in the vast selection of IT companies out there. That's not easy to do, nor should it come cheaper than it should as this is a business for him, not a hobby.

Fakes from overseas are a real problem that legitimately destroy the original brand's credibility as well as steal their hard work and profit from it--that's unethical to the maximum in my book, so avoid all fakes if you want legit products to even be developed.

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
Buying cheap and selling for a mark up is a fundamental part of any products based business.
No it is not "fundamental". It is hard to believe but some companies still produce their own original products to sell.

@BLinux is reselling commodity products at 3-4 times the price than other sellers. The only reason he gets away with charging that much more is by spreading FUD in his videos. I have talked to quite a few people who after watching his infamous "how to spot fakes" video were scared to buy from anyone else. I am arguing that it was exactly the intended effect of the video. Just few comments above I have linked another thread on this very forum where a new member described his hesitation to buy an adapter from a local seller just because it looked slightly different (same model, different revision) from the unit listed in the art of server ebay store.

I have explained why I believe that his video is FUD in the same thread.

Fakes from overseas are a real problem that legitimately destroy the original brand's credibility as well as steal their hard work and profit from it--that's unethical to the maximum in my book, so avoid all fakes if you want legit products to even be developed.
This part is not even relevant to the conversation.

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
Secondly, at this point all you have is the fact that the seller has the same amount of feedback points then his account has, which is indicative only.
Or I could have just asked the seller you know.