IBM M1015 with ASUS motherboard

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Matthew Erickson

Jan 30, 2016
Hello,

I just want to confirm my suspicions:

I received an IBM M1015 with the intent to flash it to IT mode and use it with an ASUS P8Z77-v Deluxe. However, I believe it to be DOA because it cannot be found with "megarec -adplist" command and it shows that no controllers can be found. I have tried it in all 3 of the PCIe x16 slots. I tried it in a Lenovo PCIe x16 slot as well just for kicks and it did not work there either. ESXi and Ubuntu also cannot see the adapter, or any drives plugged in.

Has anyone had success with this card and this particular board? I know people have had it working with other ASUS models.

Thanks.

canta

Nov 26, 2014
boot from linux live cd, or linux distro (ubuntu is ok)

run " lspci" on root
ubuntu -> sudo lspci

see the output... and the hba 1015 should be shown as " RAID bus controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008".......

canta

Nov 26, 2014
make sure LED(at least one is flashing) on HBA card is on....
if not.... this is the common issue, you need to replace the fuse on the card,

my suggestion when no LED is on or flashing on card,. return to seller since 99.99% is blown out fuse on the card...

I just realized seeing PLX bridge on your matherboard. this is no going to work with HBA card since HBA card need dedicate pcie lanes without plx bridge(mux-demux)..

Last edited: