IBM m1015 -> LSI -IT firmware - no drives detected

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

maze

Apr 27, 2013
Hey Guys

First post here - long time reader :)

Im trying to flash my newly bought m1015 controller and use it for disc passthrough in vmware.

I think (or thought) that I had flashed correctly. But the controller doesnt find any discs attatched to my controller.

I bought a 3ware breakout cable to connect my discs Køb 3ware Multilane Seriel ATA / SAS kabel - 60 cm (CBL-SFF8087OCR-06M)

I flashed with the latest package from SAS2008 (LSI9240/9211) Firmware files - Projects, Tools, Utilities & Customized INFs - LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Running on a Supermicro x9scm-f motherboard and did the flashing through EFI Shell.

here is a print of sas2flash.efi -list command:

Any thoughts? - Really need some help here :)

MikeC

Apr 27, 2013
UK
Hey Guys

First post here - long time reader :)

Im trying to flash my newly bought m1015 controller and use it for disc passthrough in vmware.

I think (or thought) that I had flashed correctly. But the controller doesnt find any discs attatched to my controller.

I bought a 3ware breakout cable to connect my discs Køb 3ware Multilane Seriel ATA / SAS kabel - 60 cm (CBL-SFF8087OCR-06M)

I flashed with the latest package from SAS2008 (LSI9240/9211) Firmware files - Projects, Tools, Utilities & Customized INFs - LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Running on a Supermicro x9scm-f motherboard and did the flashing through EFI Shell.

here is a print of sas2flash.efi -list command:

Any thoughts? - Really need some help here :)
Hi,

Also my first post, but a long time reader! I've checked out the cable you are using and it appears to be a reverse breakout cable, whereas you need a forward breakout. See https://store.lsi.com/store.cfm/Internal_Multi-Lane_Cables/All_Cables/CBL-SFF8087OCR-06M/ The revelant bit is "Connects the controller's discrete SATA connector(s) to the backplane's SFF-8087 Multi-lane connector(s)".

maze

Apr 27, 2013
Hmm, weird.. my reply didnt get posted.

Anyways! :) - I just got the cable today in the mail. Hope this works, will update in 3 hours when i get back from work ;) - Thanks Mike!