IBM BladeCenter - Fitted with Blades from Factory?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Bradford

May 27, 2016
I have the opportunity to buy a IBM BladeCenter locally for less than 1k - it's NEW in the box, and the seller sent me a photo of the serial number/etc.

They are pretty ignorant about computers, so they just sent me the label photo.

I am hesitant to ask them to check inside, in case there are 14 blades inside and they decide the raise the price on me.

Does anyone know if these were shipped from the factory with outfitted blades, or were they usually empty and blades were purchased and shipped separately?

Thanks in advance.

Update: The lenovo warranty site doesn't give much help, except to say the warranty expired last year, built in 2013, and that "This is a customized model. : See what is in your specific system." with no apparent way to view what was customized about it. The IBM warranty lookup claims to not find it.

Update2: The lenovo site had another tab called 'Service Parts', which only had 4 parts listed (Power supply, midplane, and 2 unnamed parts) - I guess that means this is a barebones chassis? Not clear to me. I sent the seller a message asking for pictures inside.

Last edited: