I think I screwed up. Help with Infiniband setup

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Ayrton

Jan 26, 2022
Atlanta
Trying to get a faster connection between two Win 10 boxes, I picked up what I thought was the correct Mellanox cards and cable. However, I don't think I have the correct needed cards or I am doing something wrong.

I have the MCB194A-FCAT card in both boxes and flashed with the latest firmware (10.16.1200), but I am unable to get a working driver installed.

Do I need different cards or something else?

One box is my workstation, and the other is used as a server. I was hoping to use the server like a scratch drive and transfer large files back and forth.

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
WinOF 2 is for connectx-4 and newer, for cx- you will need winof:
Screenshot 2022-02-12 182527.png

I'm a little bit surprised, all the cx-3 & cx-2 that I had worked out of the box with windows 10 and got more settings with the (newer) mellanox drivers/winof installed...

Ayrton

Jan 26, 2022
Atlanta
Duh, I guess what driver would have been helpful information.

I tried the WinOF 5.50.53000 with no success. However, the matrix does show the cards I have are not officially supported.

This is what has led me to believe I may need different cards.

Ayrton

Jan 26, 2022
Atlanta
I went ahead and RMA'd the cards. What are the best options for "affordable" Windows compatible cards? (if any left)