I have Tesla T4 cards and I don't know what to do with them

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MarcoP82

Feb 3, 2016
Sorry for the clickbaity title, I'll explain. Somehow we have a few Tesla T4 cards for a while that are collecting dust because these were included in some servers while we didn't order or pay these.
We don't have any use case for them realistically as the only use case we could figure out (Server 2019 Remote Desktop acceleration) would cost more in licensing than these are worth to us.

I was considering to mine with these to atleast recuperate some money for a test lab upgrade but this seems like a very deep hole to tumble into without knowing what I'm getting into. We have users on computers using basic administrative apps like Office and Teams, nothing fancy. I can't seem to sell these at all.

Last edited:

Layla

Game Engine Developer
Jun 21, 2016
Sorry for the clickbaity title, I'll explain. Somehow we have a few Tesla T4 cards for a while that are collecting dust because these were included in some servers while we didn't order or pay these.
We don't have any use case for them realistically as the only use case we could figure out (Server 2019 Remote Desktop acceleration) would cost more in licensing than these are worth to us.

I was considering to mine with these to atleast recuperate some money for a test lab upgrade but this seems like a very deep hole to tumble into without knowing what I'm getting into. We have users on computers using basic administrative apps like Office and Teams, nothing fancy. I can't seem to sell these at all.
I'd buy them from you, but not for the insanely high price they market for :) (they're useful to us, but marginally so - more power efficient than a K40/M40, and only waste a single slot, but really slow at DP, which we use, so it's a trade-off).

Reactions: MarcoP82

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
We use them for remote desktop acceleration, fitting in the 75w PCIe power limit and being single slot it’s easy to put 4 or 5 in a 2u server.
as you point out license cost, failing that I can’t think of much use, any fluid or mechanical computations they are not great at but if you have them and somebody has a need they could get some use.

Reactions: MarcoP82

MarcoP82

Feb 3, 2016
Nicehash?
I'm trying to figure out how to do that while being efficient, safe and legal. That's the challenge and it's costing me a lot of time just to figure out.

I'd buy them from you, but not for the insanely high price they market for :) (they're useful to us, but marginally so - more power efficient than a K40/M40, and only waste a single slot, but really slow at DP, which we use, so it's a trade-off).
I can't figure out how to sell these at all even well below the market value but without being scammed, having to give warranty (I cannot) and doing it in a way Accounting doesn't flip out. I've tried selling them locally, no luck.

We use them for remote desktop acceleration, fitting in the 75w PCIe power limit and being single slot it’s easy to put 4 or 5 in a 2u server.
as you point out license cost, failing that I can’t think of much use, any fluid or mechanical computations they are not great at but if you have them and somebody has a need they could get some use.
That's the issue, I can't figure out a use case without paying licensing either. The best I could come up with is video encoding but we don't have any use for that.

Last edited:

Layla

Game Engine Developer
Jun 21, 2016
As long as they actually work, I wouldn't need a warranty or anything. Just a guarantee that they aren't DOA.