I didn't realize I was almost 4 years behind!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sboesch

Aug 3, 2012
Columbus, OH
I'm downloading vmware 6.5u1 and the vcenter appliance. I've been running 5.5.0 since early 2014 without a hiccup. As I've mentioned in other posts, I've been out of IT for 3 years, so this should be a (re)learning experience. vmware.jpgBelow is my current host, wish me luck LOL
vsphere.JPG

nk215

Oct 6, 2015
I am still on ESXi 5.5 mostly because I dislike the web client. VCenter appliance became bloated compared to previous version. There is nothing in the new version that I really need.

Reactions: sboesch

moethelawn

Dec 6, 2017
I like the progress that they have been making with the vSphere 6.5 HTML5 client. It is almost fully featured like the flash site and it definitely feels better than the flash site. The thick client has been good while it lasted, but at least the HTML5 is more worthy of the replacement.

Reactions: sboesch

Dean

Jun 18, 2015
I am still on ESXi 5.5 mostly because I dislike the web client. VCenter appliance became bloated compared to previous version. There is nothing in the new version that I really need.
Yea, it's EOL now..

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk