Hyper-V for Adobe Apps - Getting around Adobe multiple computer activation

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
With all the talk about new Adobe Creative Cloud I want to install creative cloud applications like premier pro, AE and photoshop into a Hyper-V environment. I then will use this to remote desktop into the Hyper-V server and use the applications

Since you can only activate Adobe Creative Cloud on one computer at a time, I can install into Hyper-V and use from anywhere.

I really think that the whole multiple computer activation for adobe creative cloud is something they need to fix. I have two laptops a desktop replacement, light travel laptop, iPad as well as home and work desktops.

So my questions are:
can I just use Windows 8 Pro + Hyper-V on a computer then put creative cloud in the VM?
Think it would be fast enough to use locally if I put it on a Windows 8 desktop and did remote desktop into the Hyper-V Creative Cloud VM?
How does Adobe do activation --- could this count as a single PC if installed in the win 8 pro host and the hyper-v guest because Adobe reads hardware?
If I need something faster can I take a Creative Cloud Hyper-V VM image and boot it on a faster dual xeon server or is there a lot of effort to do that?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
You could do this but Adobe Creative Cloud does allow for installation/ activation on multiple PC's. I think it is something like 2-3 PCs simultaneously but each application can only be used on one at a time.

Maybe in your case the Hyper-V install makes sense though.

Salami

Oct 12, 2012
Maybe this a dumb question or I am not understanding something, but how does Hyper V fit into this? Can't you just install the Adobe applications on a computer and Remote Desktop to that computer? I am trying to learn about Hyper V...