Hyper-V events showing up in Event Viewer but Hyper-V role/features not installed...huh?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Ch33rios

Nov 29, 2016
So while doing some troubleshooting of my Windows 10 host I noticed that a process in task manager -- VMMEM -- that was eating up about 1GB of RAM at login for a little while and then it seems to disappear.

After some quick Googling it seems that the VMMEM process is related to Hyper-V activities but the weird thing is that I dont have any Hyper-V roles/features installed.

Looking further into event viewer, I see quite a few events related to Hyper-V but I have no idea why.

Any thoughts on how I might trace down whats leveraging the Hyper-V capabilities? I know I've read things about Edge browser using some HyperV features so is that what I'm seeing (explorer or something else sort of 'pre-booting' that protected space....these events dont seem to correlate to when Edge is opened/closed/used).

LaMerk

Jun 13, 2017
Hyper-V could be enabled by some installators like the Visual Studio Android Emulator addons.