Huge lot of E5-26XX v4 CPUs (188 Cores Total)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

iShopStaples

Feb 25, 2017
Up for sale are several E5-26xx v4 CPUs. These are all clean server pulls from un-deployed Dell PowerEdge Servers with less than 250 hours of total use.

2x E5-2697 v4 - $2,000/each
2x E5-2687W v4 - $1,900/each
8x E5-2690 v4 - $1,600/each
2x E5-2667 v4 - $1,600/each

Prices above are what I would like to receive net of any transaction costs (e.g. if you want to use Paypal add ~3%, versus wire transfer which wouldn't carry any fees).

Open to shipping via most major carriers, but I will require signature confirmation and will fully insure the package.

Reactions: forroden and Evan

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@OBasel - thank you for your diligence reporting. We are going to be taking a look at the policy on this type of activity.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
@Patrick

It certainly looks like a business, I assumed it was but I think it's obvious it is so no issues at all, I only don't like when a business posts like an individual and tries to hide it. I think it's useful for some of these business to post sale items when they are tailored to what STH wants.

Having said all this most individuals myself included may also have their own business, and some items for sale may be sold by the business but it's not what they do as a daily job, eg I am an IT consultant, selling my old server because I purchased a new one but I don't sell hardware each and every day for a living.

iShopStaples

Feb 25, 2017
Do you have a business you are representing?

I've noticed you only post in the FS section of the forums iShopStaples
@OBasel - thank you for your diligence reporting. We are going to be taking a look at the policy on this type of activity.
@Patrick

It certainly looks like a business, I assumed it was but I think it's obvious it is so no issues at all, I only don't like when a business posts like an individual and tries to hide it. I think it's useful for some of these business to post sale items when they are tailored to what STH wants.

Having said all this most individuals myself included may also have their own business, and some items for sale may be sold by the business but it's not what they do as a daily job, eg I am an IT consultant, selling my old server because I purchased a new one but I don't sell hardware each and every day for a living.
Hi All - While this isn't my day job, I think you could reasonably view it as a business (however I personally view it as a hobby that lets me play with lots of fun tech). I don't represent a company, it is only me. I apologize if it came across that was trying to make or hide this in anyway.

I came across this forum after selling on Reddit and someone suggest I cross post here. That said, I will definitely respect your wishes if you don't feel this is appropriate and take down my post(s). I am hoping that selling here is mutually beneficial; I typically sell here ~5-15% less than my eBay prices (and my eBay prices are typically on the lower side of eBay prices for quick sales).

@Patrick I think you are just down the road, feel free to swing by my office (my laundry room) or check out my warehouse (my garage) :)

Reactions: wsuff and Evan

241_tuesdays

Jan 10, 2017
Do you have a business you are representing?

I've noticed you only post in the FS section of the forums iShopStaples
I'd also like clarification, it seems that users posting on the For Sale section are being targeted because we don't post on any other section. I happen to have items that might be relevant to the users that frequent this forum and if I post an item with multiple quantities, that categorizes me as poster on behalf of a business which is a false representation.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Well for now post away :)
If business post then they will need to be price and quality competitive anyway and people can decide for themselves. Maybe it's as simple as people posting a business have it in the post title or whatever and can offer tax invoices etc.

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
Hi All - While this isn't my day job, I think you could reasonably view it as a business (however I personally view it as a hobby that lets me play with lots of fun tech). I don't represent a company, it is only me. I apologize if it came across that was trying to make or hide this in anyway.

I came across this forum after selling on Reddit and someone suggest I cross post here. That said, I will definitely respect your wishes if you don't feel this is appropriate and take down my post(s). I am hoping that selling here is mutually beneficial; I typically sell here ~5-15% less than my eBay prices (and my eBay prices are typically on the lower side of eBay prices for quick sales).

@Patrick I think you are just down the road, feel free to swing by my office (my laundry room) or check out my warehouse (my garage) :)
No no, you got to reach out to him. That's good manners. Just get his blessing and we'll get to buying.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I'd also like clarification, it seems that users posting on the For Sale section are being targeted because we don't post on any other section. I happen to have items that might be relevant to the users that frequent this forum and if I post an item with multiple quantities, that categorizes me as poster on behalf of a business which is a false representation.
This part is geared toward you, but the rest is a generalization to all persons/businesses and my thoughts:

I'm a bit perplexed, you just described yourself as a non-member of this community that's only here for commercial activity, that by definition (anyone's really) is a business not a false representation of a business no matter if you're registered legally with the gov. or not.

My personal thought on the matter of business vs. not is not so black and white... you participate on the forums and happen to sell your business leftovers/churn/etc that's one thing, but if all you do is register here and post 100% in "For Sale" where most of the posting are your own for sale threads, and replying to items you've got for sale, well to me that's a business no matter if you're a 'business' to the gov or not. You've turned STH into your own sales channel, and nothing more, and by definition that cannot be anything but commercial intent.

With the above said, I have no problem with 'businesses' selling here as long as the rules/qualifications/verification set by @Patrick are met. One idea might be to put business 'sales' in a sub-forum of the for-sale thread so it's clear what is a business and what's not.

Son of Homer

May 9, 2016
The starting point is the current rule:

9. No posting on behalf of an established business. These forums are only for personal transactions. Commercial entities may contact the site administrator about advertising opportunities.

While there can be issue with what constitutes a business, the spirit of the rule seems to be quite clear. Any situation that is clearly a business, or in the grey area between personal and business, should simply contact Patrick first, and must abide by his decision.

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
basically what everyone is saying is just get involved (you're clearly a nerd like the rest of us), don't just use the forums as a way to get rich. become part of this great community and sell your stuff given the proper clearance from Patrick.

Reactions: pgh5278