Huawei Servers Resources: RH2288Hv3 | 5288v3 |

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
Thank you, yes the 1288 i believe have a different signature wont take it if i try to upload it, I did register on huawei website but unable to download it as it would require tech license. I appreciate you are trying to help with this
Even if the motherboard is the same, the SBR etc will be different and when checked by it will give you error. Try to pm or ping the user who shared the files for the 2288, maybe he is able to download them

Reactions: Zalouma

SecCon

Arkham Asylum Server Mgmt
May 26, 2022
Please be careful not mixing up requests or files for different server versions. BIOS and Firmware updates do often check the submitted "upgrade" files, and should throw an error if they do not match the hardware, but before you know it that check may not work and you are suddenly a very sad puppy with a bricked box.

Reactions: Zalouma

fisherpricatz

Feb 8, 2023

You're welcome.
hello, do you have 5288v3 BIOS and iBMC firmware?

thanks.

Archangel85

Feb 8, 2023

You're welcome.
Thank You!!! U are awesome!

vovanx

Oct 3, 2021
Does anyone know BMC JTAG / CPLD JTAG pinout?
Or full motherboard schematics, if possible.

sp_00n

Feb 23, 2023
hi, I am glad I have found that thread. I own RH2288Hv3 and I have downloaded the BIOS and iBMC upgrades just now. I cannot download any instructions from Huawei webpage i.e. what should be upgraded first though? how to do it? Anyone here have that documents and is willing to share?

Last edited:

SecCon

May 26, 2022
hi, I am glad I have found that thread. I own RH2288Hv3 and I have downloaded the BIOS and iBMC upgrades just now.
Register at the Huawei page then register you server with its serial number, and send a mail to their support to allow you access to the server documentation and files. As many of us already did.

Notification of Product Registration on Huawei Enterprise Website: Your product registration “EPRNNNNNNN” has been rejected
From Supportmail@huawei.com on 2022-01-07 02:25

Dear USER,
Product registration on Huawei Enterprise Website is used for customers who have purchased Huawei Enterprise products to upgrade their account permission to download documentation and software.
The equipment serial number/Contract number you provided cannot be found in the system. Could you please check if the information provided is correct or not?
You can either submit a new product registration application or feedback the right information in the form below to e.support@huawei.com
Afterwards, we will help you complete the product registration as soon as possible.
Thank you and have a nice day!

User ID
Product Name
Equipment Serial Number (SN)/Contract number
Company Name
How to obtain the device SN :How to Obtain the Serial Number - Huawei
Maintenance Status: https://support.huawei.com/enterprise/ecareWechat

Notes: This is system notification email, please do not reply directly.
If any assistance required, please contact the website administrator e.support@huawei.com .
and reply something like this

Purchased a HR2288H second hand from Germany via Ebay and it would be nice to get it up and running, but I need drivers and firmware for that.

I am currently not a Huawei customer, I run a small office lab and would use your server for LFF backup of my file shares and similar things. Optionally I can strip the chassi bare and only use the backplane with another motherboard, SuperMicro, but it would be a lesser solution.

The serial number and other details are as below, if you want pictures I can provide them.

HUAWEI > RH2288H V3 > Intelligence Servers > Rack Servers
SN on Chassi
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
SN of Server
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
The only limitation I am aware of is later version of BIOS and iBMC, which we got here anyway.

Reactions: sp_00n

sp_00n

Feb 23, 2023
thanks, I have requested access and I got the negative answer. Did what you just suggested. We will see if they will grant access to the 2288H resources.

Reactions: SecCon

sp_00n

Feb 23, 2023
I own RH2288Hv3 server with 2x460W power supplies. I inserted two Tesla P4 cards that do not need additional power, just max of 75W directly from PCIE slot. My problem is that the cards do not work at full clocks, even if they are forced. I get the nvidia driver info that there is power throttling ( NOT thermal throttling). The card is in P0 state so the highest possible, but the clock is 382MHz, not 800+ MHz as it should be. I have tried to remove other PCIE devices but this issue persists. Server is running full bios power and iBMC high fan cooling. I ve tried many configurations and setting but nothing has changed. I wonder - maybe this is PSU related? Maybe I need 2 x 750W to achieve what I need? Cant find that in the manuals.

Last edited:

SecCon

May 26, 2022
TBH I really don't know for sure @sp_00n but did you check the bios settings for PCIE power and timing management?

I read you say server is running at "full bios power," but, what does that mean?

Perhaps you could ask them guys at the Huawei forums as well?