EU Huawei RH2288H V3 (ddr4/v4) full fronts 187€

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
Maybe someone can help me after Flashing the Files to the Server the Raid Controller dont see any HDD (properly).
It look now very weird. I tought I flashed the Wrong File for the 12 Drive Bay. So I try to reflash the File for the but the say just error. So maybe its the rite file?!
Any ideas?

Xeroxxx

Mar 12, 2020
Maybe someone can help me after Flashing the Files to the Server the Raid Controller dont see any HDD (properly).
It look now very weird. I tought I flashed the Wrong File for the 12 Drive Bay. So I try to reflash the File for the but the say just error. So maybe its the rite file?!
Any ideas?
If you can elaborate what file you flashed on which device, someone might be able to help.

Xeroxxx

Mar 12, 2020
Be more specific. I can't help if you tell me "My car is not driving, I refilled all fluids with something". You flahed it with FWUpgrade ISO or cmdline? What where the commands? IR or IT fw?

I'm not sure why are you flashing random files, when you obviously have no idea what you're doing.

Reactions: Sogndal94

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
You flahed it with FWUpgrade ISO or cmdline?
No via the Huawei Web Management GUI. I did flash with the ".hpm".
IR or IT fw?
For the Raid? Someone help me to flash the right FW for the Controller. Out of the Blue I dont know which it was but it was the right one.
I'm not sure why are you flashing random files, when you obviously have no idea what you're doing.
Because:
Code:
RH2288H V3-12HDD(12NVMe) Backplane(BC1THBM01)-CPLD-V109
sound obvious.

Sogndal94

Senior IT Operations Engineer
Nov 7, 2016
Norway
Any ideas?
Could you elaborate on what you can see, and what you cant on the raidcard?(Screenshots are helpfull) Does the HDDs show up at all? Do you see the raidcard in bios or IPMI or in the OS? What version ID does it show?

"RH2288H V3-12HDD(12NVMe) Backplane(BC1THBM01)-CPLD-V109" should be firmware for a backplane(what the HDDs slide into), and not for the raid card itself. So you could start looking at the physical backplane, and find what the partnumber and model is.(and post it here, so we can find the right one for you).

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
Sadly I cant login:
Email verification
Click Get Code to send the verification code to
doesnt work and nobody replay to my E-Mail I send them.
Do you see the raidcard in bios or IPMI
Yes there it seem to work perfect.
So you could start looking at the physical backplane, and find what the partnumber and model is.
sry tomorrow is an important Media Event I want to participate and need to prepare stuff.
Its the 12 Bay SAS Backplane.

Xeroxxx

Mar 12, 2020
Email verification
Click Get Code to send the verification code to
doesnt work and nobody replay to my E-Mail I send them.
You've actually to click on "Get Code", it wont send automatically.

Its the 12 Bay SAS Backplane.
As I said. Flash CPLD of RH2288H V3-Mainboard(BC1HGSA01)-CPLD-V201.zip. Files are on the previous page posted by nasbdh9

• Love
Reactions: Your name or

Sogndal94

Senior IT Operations Engineer
Nov 7, 2016
Norway
Might be an wierd request, but i am thinking about getting one of these nodes to replace my dell r7910/r730, but is worried that it might be makeing the same fan noice.(my HPE dl380 gen9s are way better. Could one of you film or recourd the sound of one of these? (so i can decide on this or getting another dl380.)

Xeroxxx

Mar 12, 2020
You can manually override the fan speed. I set it (thanks @tic226 ) to 22%. CPU never gets hotter than 65 and its really silent for a server. I run it within my appartment.

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
I select in the Web Gui the Silent Mode who is "silent" enough to hear the Voice in the Head. ;)
I personally would put the Server into a Cabinet somewhere hidden like the Basement.

grenskul

Nov 8, 2020
Will these support v4 procs out of the box or do they need an update? If so can I update with the v4 or ipmi page or will I always need a v3?

Xeroxxx

Mar 12, 2020
Will these support v4 procs out of the box or do they need an update? If so can I update with the v4 or ipmi page or will I always need a v3?
Yes, as stated in the manuell, BIOS 3. something and up.

Ordered 2660v4 QS couple of days ago.

I checked the BIOS as well. Microcode is present. Probably even for ES.

FlorianZ

Dec 10, 2019
Is there a huge difference between v3 and v4 CPU?
This came up in another thread recently. There isn't a big difference in performance between v3 and v4 in most workloads, but it depends on what your workload is. Among the differences are posted interrupts, which can measurably speed up IO bound virtualization workloads. Here is an old AnandTech article highlighting the differences: The Intel Xeon E5 v4 Review: Testing Broadwell-EP With Demanding Server Workloads

Bang-for-buck, the v3 CPUs are a fantastic value in the US right now. Even the top-of-the-line models are pretty reasonably priced right now ... and some of the v4s are coming down in price as well. I'd skip the top-of-the-line v4s: They are not a good value.

• Love
Reactions: Your name or

kold

Jun 27, 2017
It would be great if someone with access to the latest bios and firmwares could package them in an archive. Their European support was not helpful providing access to downloads without an active contract with them, although it was stated that they were to be used in a homelab environment.