EU HPE H240 12GB 2-Port Int Smart HBA 85$ Free Ship

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Actually a great HBA in a HP box. (vSAN etc)
If I remember right they are also lower power than LSI options but I can't find any info on that now.

Do they work in non-HP systems is what I am not sure ?

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Yeah running on HP servers they are fine, what I assumed is that they are not great in others, I actually have a card I could try it in a non-HP servers if other are interested but figure LSI or Adaptec are just easier.

Performance wise they are really good (use them as the HBA's for all SSD vSAN, a large one think 120TB)

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Well its always good to know the compatibility options of these things, so if you can and are willing to... :)

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
I have six or seven of these. Outside of the HP server there is no way to use a supercap and it will complain about that, even in HBA mode as I remember. On a S2600Cp2 motherboard I've had to disable the BIOS for the relevant PCI slot to get the server to boot with these in; the server would hang at boot at a black screen and go no further. No such problems on a Dell T20 server. No problems at all on an HP Dl380 gen8 of course.