EU HPE Aruba ap-515 RW (sold out)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pikzi

Feb 26, 2021
Does this make sense for home use ? Looks like it needs aruba central to be managed...

USER189364

Jul 17, 2020
Does this make sense for home use ? Looks like it needs aruba central to be managed...
Judging from the data sheet, you can run it in either controlled by aruba central or in "instant mode" which is controller-less. I went ahead and got one for the house; the price was right (even delivered to USA) and I needed something to replace my existing Unifi AC LR... Not liking the moves they have made in the last two years.

edit: you can also make one of the APs act as the controller, apparently, which is pretty cool.

Reactions: pikzi

Dave Corder

Dec 21, 2015
Dang, this would be very tempting if I wasn't already running a couple Ruckus APs with Unleashed...

Originalus

Dec 22, 2020
Have 2 of them and they work in instant mode, no need for controller. USA guys beware it is RW ap (though seller gives part number US version, but photos clearly shows RW). As far as i know you cant convert between RW and US.

gullibleenergy

Sep 22, 2021
Thanks, snapped up a few.
Now can anyone figure out the part number for the common mount or where I can purchase it. I still have some old aironet 2800s around that i never got to mounting ...

Originalus

Dec 22, 2020
Thanks, snapped up a few.
Now can anyone figure out the part number for the common mount or where I can purchase it. I still have some old aironet 2800s around that i never got to mounting ...
Unfortunately that part is not sold separate and has no part number.

anything1233

Just a Member
Dec 29, 2020
Jeez, I closely monitor the seller and just noticed he had a new arrival of the APs. ~10 mins later and they’re all gone! AFAIK eBay doesn’t have a ‘subscribe’ button, does it? There has to be another place where such deals are getting listed…

Anyway, he still has the outdoor-type ones left (AP-375, AP-377). I guess since they’re severely overpriced ($999 499)
IMO still overpriced since one can get same-spec indoor unit for below $60 and put it in a plastic case (if we’re talking strictly homelab-like deployment). So $439 premium for a case is a bit too much, unless they are actually different from the indoor ones beside an enclosure — are they?

Last edited:

Originalus

Dec 22, 2020
Jeez, I closely monitor the seller and just noticed he had a new arrival of the APs. ~10 mins later and they’re all gone! AFAIK eBay doesn’t have a ‘subscribe’ button, does it? There has to be another place where such deals are getting listed…

Anyway he still has the outdoor-type ones left (AP-375, AP-377). I guess since they’re severely overpriced ($999).
You can save search or seller, but it is unclear how quickly ebay will send you an email notice.

USER189364

Jul 17, 2020
Got mine yesterday, arrived well in an og shipping box for a AP-325, but it was well padded inside. Looks in much better condition than the original image showed; still has some scratches, but does not look stepped on or heavily scuffed.

Reset according to instructions, after some time and waiting for blinky lights, it grabbed a DHCP and was able to easily reset. The AP arrived with firmware 8.6.0.14.

As the other buyer noticed, the factory bracket that Aruba ships preinstalled was missing, and I also cannot find the AP sided bracket on sale anywhere. I will have to bodge something up to mount; Should not be too hard, but annoying for sure.