HPE 620QSFP28 4x 25GbE Single QSFP28 Port Ethernet Adapter

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fishing Guy

Aug 18, 2021
Having problems trying to get the HPE 620QSFP28 4X 25GbE Single QSFP28 Port Ethernet Adapter installed in a HP Proliant DL380 to link to anything. Have upgraded firmware and drivers. Tried several different cable configurations(DAC, SFP, MPO..etc ). Proliant BIOS looks good. Adapter show up in all expected places. Any input appreciated. Thanks

Fishing Guy

Aug 18, 2021
Hey necr,

Thanks for the reply. At the moment we are just connected to a couple of switches(Mellanox, Cisco). We've used 2 or 3 different cable configs, new out of the package. No ethtool output, as we have Win serv 2019 installed. I'm installing Ubuntu now, so I will be trying ethtool.

I'm trying to get driver/firmware info from HPE. I think they are correct but will definitely take a closer look at the article.

Thanks!

Freebsd1976

Feb 23, 2018
Hey necr,

Thanks for the reply. At the moment we are just connected to a couple of switches(Mellanox, Cisco). We've used 2 or 3 different cable configs, new out of the package. No ethtool output, as we have Win serv 2019 installed. I'm installing Ubuntu now, so I will be trying ethtool.

I'm trying to get driver/firmware info from HPE. I think they are correct but will definitely take a closer look at the article.

Thanks!
Try setting different fec option. Connect this nic with broadcom 57412 25g nic use mellanox 1 split 4 dac cable, at beginning no connection,after trying different fec setting successful connection

proportional

Nov 23, 2020
Tried this card the other day, it worked with Mellanox CX4411 (25Gbe) and Mellanox split dac
Never linked up when trying to get a 4x10g configuration, firmware issue I suppose

Last edited: