HP T740 - ebay - US - NY 375 USD

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
Is this really a good deal (unless you specifically want a t740)? I think you can get a ThinkCentre Tiny (or similar) with a 2400GE for less than this
it depends on how much you value that PCIe 3.0 x16 (really an x8) slot.
The ThinkCentre m715q-2 does not have one, and a Ryzen 5 2400GE version currently lists for 350 USD on evilBay.

Considering that an m75q-1 (with a Ryzen 5 3400GE and replaces the m715q line) was recently listed as B-stock with CDW for 302, the m715q-2 is currently seriously overpriced, especially for a product that would be EOLed by Lenovo soon.

Last edited:

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
This is very cheap. I would buy this, except postage costs plus VAT to Hungary. :-(

Hurry up, only one piece of cake is available.

PS: Beware, i saw negative opinions inside information page of seller.
Not worth it. I paid about that much for mine back in April, and I got the 8R/64F/Win10 IoT version. This is a ThinPro version, and since ThinPro is TCdebian (HP’s thin client Debian release) you can load It on any recent HP x64 thin clients (like a 40 dollar t420)...but Win10 IoT? That’s worth a little more. This is probably a 250-300 machine.

The funny thing is that the same seller has a 16R/128F/IoT version for 600 USD, which is also overpriced - the 225 USD difference does not entirely justify a pair of 8GB DIMMs (50), a128GB SSD (30) And Win10 IoT (not sold via retail and usually included if work uses MS volume licensing). I am not sure what the heck is a “WickyDog 30 day warranty”, as if it really makes a difference.

The bigger problem with the seller is that the neutral and negative feedback says about the same thing - shipping stuff that doesn’t match description, and disappearing when support is needed - reminds me of a certain Server parts firm also in Long Island that over-promises and under-delivers. I also don’t see signs that they have experience shipping beyond Quebec...probably a good idea to refrain from buying from them..pretty sure pricing for the t740 will come down in a quarter or 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir and Fritz