HP T620 Plus Thin Client and Firewall VPN Appliance

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zer0sum

Mar 8, 2013
Got mine up and running this week and it has been awesome so far.
I haven't had time to test VPN speeds, but it is a solid internet gateway :D

Reactions: gigatexal and wsuff

mgrenier25

Dec 15, 2022
I'm trying to set a t620+ with Opnsense, but I can't figure out the installation process at all, I used a Ventoy usb to copy the images to. I'm lost after this. After choosing Opnsense image from Ventoy boot menu I get to a <mountroot> prompt not mentionned anywhere in the installation instructions on Opnsense website, I should be looking at a login screen instead according to them, what do I need to do with this? I'm trying to install to the internal m.2 ssd. I'm extra-noob to BSD. Can someone help?

BobS

Dec 2, 2022
I'm trying to set a t620+ with Opnsense, but I can't figure out the installation process at all, I used a Ventoy usb to copy the images to. I'm lost after this. After choosing Opnsense image from Ventoy boot menu I get to a <mountroot> prompt not mentionned anywhere in the installation instructions on Opnsense website, I should be looking at a login screen instead according to them, what do I need to do with this? I'm trying to install to the internal m.2 ssd. I'm extra-noob to BSD. Can someone help?
This link may help:

Sounds like it's not recognizing the drive so you may have to get into the BIOS and make some changes. Not familiar with this hardware or opnsense (that much) so I'll not venture any guesses.

BobS