1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hp store easy 1650

Discussion in 'NAS Systems and Networked Home and SMB Software' started by Deslok, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Deslok

Deslok Active Member

I came across an article featuring this interesting device today, I'm not a fan of HP but it certainly caught my attention, is it their own design or has someone seen it before somewhere, I'd love some SAS cabinets for adding drives to my existing storage server in a chassis like this.
    [​IMG]

HPE Brings Flash To SMB With Upgraded MSA Options

2. cesmith9999

cesmith9999 Well-Known Member

We have a few of these (non Flash - HPE Apollo 4200). Great space (U) saving, easy disk replacements, cool pull out tray. price is inline with buying a 380G9 + D3700/3600

downside - very deep chassis. we can deploy them into standard APC racks if we use custom PDU's.

I wish I had the $$$ to get a few for home...

Chris

3. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

4. cesmith9999

cesmith9999 Well-Known Member

in the DC that the server we have are going have 36" deep racks. so there is no issue there. having servers with 137TB usable... almost too nice.

in a few months I will give you a long term mini review.

Chris