HP SN2100

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kedzior

Mar 21, 2018
Poland
I just wondering if someone tries to "rebrand" HP SN2100 or 2700 to standard Mellanox switch, software from Mellanox is working but still, there is HPE logo, just wondering how to burn MLNX firmware on ASIC. The main problem is port limitation on HPE (additional license).

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Been looking into that too.
Have you checked if it is an ONIE based switch? (ONIE option on console on boot?)
Have not had the time to check

Last edited:

kedzior

Mar 21, 2018
Poland
No I did not check yet but I'm pretty sure that ASIC firmware should be overwritten similar as you do with VPI cards.

Renat

Jun 8, 2016
There is no problem to activate these ports. This is your choose: to pay full price for standard Mellanox or cost-lest version of HPE and buy then activation.
Of course you can easily extract all firmwares for each switch from Onyx package and try to re-brand. But nobody will say you that you don`t get a brick.
Even with Card could be an issues.

You can write PM if you need additional ports.

raylandoctor

Mar 31, 2022
Sorry for opening the thread again, recently I also bought a SN2100M from HPE, the license issue has been bothering me for a long time, I read a lot of forum docs, but still can't find a complete tutorial. Is there anyone available to help me try to go further? @Rand__

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I dont think there is a public 'tutorial' per se given that there is a bit of bending the rules involved.
But I can sure try to give you a nudge if you let me know what you have done so far and what the issue is?