HP Proliant DL160 G6 1U 2x INTEL XEON SIX CORE L5639 2.13GHz NO HDD 72GB Ram

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

derringer

Nov 8, 2013
Is it true that this machine doesn't support vt-d ? i read somewhere that it doesn't, which would kill the idea of using it as an esxi all in one..

RyC

Oct 17, 2013
A very quick search through the manual shows a VT-d enable/disable option in the BIOS, so I assume it does. I'm looking to get this exact server sometime soon (it was relisted on ebay)

mrkrad

Oct 13, 2012
yes of course it does!

Now - all 5520 chipsets i think the first two revisions did not support the features of 5600 series intel chips. Basically you'd put the L5639 in and it would act like an L5520 feature wise.

These boards were all replaced if requested - which may affect used motherboards but probably not in live machines shipped with a 5600 series processor.

Read the errata on the tylersburg 5520 chipset and you will be AMAZED how buggy. ie power management for pci-e didn't work - FIXED - Increase the TDP of the chipset and disable the feature LOLZ.