HP NL40 Hotswap in nexenta 4.0?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

isabido

Apr 24, 2013
Hello from Spain, I am a new user who is testing this product to experience at home.

I installed the latest beta 4.0, and I have a problem, my hardware is a HP Microserver NL40 with a modified BIOS(TheBay) to support Hotswap. This works correctly on Windows Server or Linux.

In Nexenta, when a HDD hot extract and insert it back, this is no longer recognized by the system.

I've tried to break through the webgui "Rescan all HBAs and refresh device links" but still no detection. The only option is to restart the server.

thanks in advance and excuse my bad English.

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
I would not expect a working Hotswap with any Solaris on the Microserver.
You need something like a LSI HBA to have Hotswap working.

Reason:
Onboard Sata is home usage, not the target audience of Illumos/Oracle/Nexenta
Even with Intel Sata, you have this problem (reboot needed)

isabido

Apr 24, 2013
I tested with your fantastic version of napp-it-to-go and is exactly the same, but I can do it without reboot using the following command:

root@to-go-13a:~# cfgadm -f -c configure sata1/0
In Nexenta is also possible by accessing the "bash" in expert mode, but I wish I could do it from the WebGui

PD:Thanks for you work!

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
I tested with your fantastic version of napp-it-to-go and is exactly the same, but I can do it without reboot using the following command:

In Nexenta is also possible by accessing the "bash" in expert mode, but I wish I could do it from the WebGui
PD:Thanks for you work!
Within napp-it you can try menu Disk - Hotswap - configure
or enter the command in the cmd field available on every napp-it page

TheBay

Feb 25, 2013
UK
Hello from Spain, I am a new user who is testing this product to experience at home.

I installed the latest beta 4.0, and I have a problem, my hardware is a HP Microserver NL40 with a modified BIOS(TheBay) to support Hotswap. This works correctly on Windows Server or Linux.

In Nexenta, when a HDD hot extract and insert it back, this is no longer recognized by the system.

I've tried to break through the webgui "Rescan all HBAs and refresh device links" but still no detection. The only option is to restart the server.

thanks in advance and excuse my bad English.
Nice to see someone else using my BIOS :)