HP Microserver Gen10 Plus firmware update

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PedroP

Feb 28, 2021
Portugal
Hi,

Need a little help trying to update the firmware, following the update to Intelligent Provisioning 3.70 it seems to be "mandatory" to register with HPE to get a user token (text file) which must be present in USB flash drive attached to the server.

The help system states it's possible to update without registering on HPE, but for the life of me I can't find a single information on how to do it. Any help will be much appreciated.

I have some experience with Dell servers which sometimes need the update to be available on USB flash drive. All other updates on this server where very easy using Intelligent Provisioning.

Thanks,
Pedro

axavio

Sep 25, 2020
I am sort of in the same boat. The registration links and firmware update process only lead to dead ends and missing web pages for me. I created a help ticket, but HPE haven't responded yet.

It used to be much easier.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
This firmware package can also be installed with the latest version of Smart Update Manager (SUM).

Supplemental updates for supported ProLiant servers and options can be done by using SUM, which is found on the Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) ISO.

• Place the Service Pack for ProLiant on a USB key using the USB Key Creator Utility.
  • Place the desired firmware packages and components to be updated in the directory "\packages" on the USB key.
Update the firmware and software in the usual manner.

Reboot your system for the update to take effect immediately.

Reactions: axavio