UK HP MicroServer G7 N54L / 4GB ( servero.co.uk ) £69

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Vit K

Feb 23, 2017
Everything looks good, but when I try to write about 100MB of data to the tape, the tape drive stops with some errors (stop and restart repeatedly). I have tried connecting the tape drive directly to the Mini-SAS interface from the N54L motherboard, it doesn't work eith
I think it might be "not enough power" issue, try another molex connector from the PSU or replace the PSU, I recall something like this with LTO drives when they can't pull enough power from 12v. I think I just lucky with GREENs drives and low power SAS adapter.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
I think it might be "not enough power" issue, try another molex connector from the PSU or replace the PSU, I recall something like this with LTO drives when they can't pull enough power from 12v. I think I just lucky with GREENs drives and low power SAS adapter.
I would say, replace the PSU first - those Delta PSUs that HPs install generally age out after 10 (!) years of use, and if you cram it full of disks it'll dip in voltage. See if the KDMPower MFX9350 (or its equivalent) is still available out there as a generic replacement for the original.

Reactions: Vit K