HP H240 (SAS3 HBA) 30 GBP from EU seller / 34 USD from US seller

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

anomaly

Jan 8, 2018
Unfortunately UK to Europe shipping now is pretty much the same as it is for US items, it goes through customs and you pay VAT and other duties. It has been like this since January and I think we should update the forum to reflect this. UK no longer counts as "Europe" for all purchasing/shipping purposes :-(

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
Is there an adapter between 8087 and 8644? I have a chasis that came with 8644 cables prewired and I cannot update the wiring as I have no access to part of the chassis (CSE-847).

[Nobody]

Nov 1, 2020
does anyone know if the H240 supports trim? I attached one ssd of my zfs pool to the H240 and the other to the onboard s-ata connectors. If I execute trim by "zfspool trim rpool" only the SSD attached to the motherboard is trimmed, while the other one just reports "100 % trimmed last month"

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
Pretty sure it supports trim. It should just pass through the commands

I think it worked when I had a sas SSD in line ... But I no longer have one plugged in

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
does anyone know if the H240 supports trim? I attached one ssd of my zfs pool to the H240 and the other to the onboard s-ata connectors. If I execute trim by "zfspool trim rpool" only the SSD attached to the motherboard is trimmed, while the other one just reports "100 % trimmed last month"
Is the controller configured for HBA mode? If it is in RAID mode, it might be the problem.

I wrote up the details on how to change a H240 to hbamode earlier in the thread: