HP H240 Detects backplane but not drives - Help Please

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pomtom44

Sep 16, 2022
Hi all.

To keep a long story short, I have a HP DL180G6 server which had a P410 raid card
The battery on the card died, and since I wanted to move to unraid anyway, I decided to not replace the battery and just get a new card

I originally got a LSI card, but iv had problems with it (have another thread on that one if your interested)
but after getting stuck I got a HP H240 HBA card

Unraid detects the card fine, and detects the servers backplane, but no drives.
I booted to ubuntu live and installed the HP CLI tools, and again, it shows the card and backplane, but no drives.

I'm currently googling around trying to find a solution or a direction to head, but I figured it might be smart to ask the community as well, as im sure I'm not the only one running into this

I have attached the diagnostics from unraid, and a photo of the output from the cli tool (i tried to save it, but being a live cd I forgot it wouldn't save properly)
20221013_204257_1.jpg

Attachments

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
did you try the command with slot=0 instead of slot=1?
I had such a problem recently with an adaptec controller :D

pomtom44

Sep 16, 2022
did you try the command with slot=0 instead of slot=1?
I had such a problem recently with an adaptec controller :D
I did, I cant remember the exact message but it was something along the lines of card not found?
Unless you mean to move the card to slot0 on the motherboard?

Whaaat

Jan 31, 2020
Did you solve this issue? I got rid of H240 because of exactly the same issue - it detects hdds fine but doesn't detect several of my sas ssds