HP EO1010 IP KVM

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

redwing31

Feb 12, 2016
So I picked up a HP EO1010 IP KVM for cheap on flea bay, but it has a password set on the serial console. I've gotten my money back, and I think that model fits my needs, but every other seller I have contacted regarding if theirs has a serial password set simply says unknown, it is already boxed up and they wont unbox them to check. Unfortunately there is no way to recover a lost serial password.

Can anyone suggest an alternative KVM that is remotely accessible, preferably rack mount?

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Been there, done that, sent it back and ordered a regular KVM. Called it a day. Since all my servers are in a rack together with my 1u rackmount monitor/keyboard/mouse, all were reachable via standard KVM cables. Bottom server required a 10 ft. cable but even that was easy to find.

redwing31

Feb 12, 2016
Yeah, i have a standard kvm already, was hoping to get one that allowed for remote access. Definitely a want vs need, 99% of my use can be done via rdp, but I have 1 machine that requires a password at boot prior to OS launching, and if it reboots while I am out of town, I would like to be able to bring it back online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk