Drag to reposition cover

HP DL580 Gen10 Quad Gold 6230 256GB Ram for $11567 in CDW Outlet

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Probably only one of these available and just from some quick searches on the CPU and RAM costs, you're basically paying for the CPU and RAM and getting the rest of it for free:

It's an outlet item, so probably only qty 1 available, but if you call in they can check if there's more on that same cdw part number as sometimes there are.

Hope someone can use this. :)

posternutbag

Jan 2, 2019
Have you seen multiple qty skus lately? I haven't. Damn-- down to 9800. I wish I didn't recently spend a considerable amount on a DL380, otherwise I would've bought at least one.

Reactions: Samir

rkrenicki

Feb 2, 2016
I really need to ask.. who needs a $10,000 USD server with 80 physical cores in their home?

I am not saying that this isn't a good deal for what it is.. but I do question the relevance for the audience here.

Layla

Game Engine Developer
Jun 21, 2016
I don't think it's a good deal at all. Even at this highly discounted price, the performance and power usage are both worse than two socket Epyc systems and similar to older 4 socket Xeon systems, both of which cost less.

Reactions: Fritz and Samir

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Have you seen multiple qty skus lately? I haven't. Damn-- down to 9800. I wish I didn't recently spend a considerable amount on a DL380, otherwise I would've bought at least one.
It's been a while that I've personally seen multiple qty--I think the last time was over a year ago when I got some 2TB drives.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I really need to ask.. who needs a $10,000 USD server with 80 physical cores in their home?

I am not saying that this isn't a good deal for what it is.. but I do question the relevance for the audience here.
If you are asking, then you're not doing it right. :D:p;)

There's labbers out there with a whole rack filled to the brim and something like this could replace a few machines to consolidate--at least that's the only thing I can think of since I don't have such a rack! :D

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I don't think it's a good deal at all. Even at this highly discounted price, the performance and power usage are both worse than two socket Epyc systems and similar to older 4 socket Xeon systems, both of which cost less.
Interesting. What particular systems/configs? I just went on how much it was discounted off of the normal street price, which on something that's not great to begin with won't help things until it's 90% off, lol.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Yeah, lots of us "want" and few of us "need" something like this. Heck, I'm more of a $98, and less of a $9800, person myself. But one can dream, I guess. The IMPORTANT question though is this: @Samir, how are you getting those cool banners to come up at the top of your posts? :p

Gnodu

Oct 10, 2015
So... they marked it down to 9242.99... what seems odd to me is the 4-6 week lead time on a used-like new that has supposedly already been technician checked.

This is just a little bit overkill for my home use case... but I am sure I could find something for it to do! :) Might need to add one of those new Nvidia cards announced today to it for proper transcoding on the video library... does anyone else think it would seem like borderline heresy to install a consumer RTX3090 in a server like this? (Then again, it’s not like you would see the annoying RGB color schemes when the case is closed!!)